WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is a limited editon, that I believe was issued to Land Rover sales personnel and/or LR frequent customers as incentives/rewards. Very few have been seen in the watch fora wild.
I love the sleek, coolness of this watch but my monster KAD is going to take all wrist time and I only keep one watch at a time!
Here are the specs from my approximate calipers:
Titanium - it has a beautiful, understated grey tint/patina
Case width: 40mm
Bezel width: 41.5mm
Bezel to crown width: 46.25mm
Case thickness: 10.5mm
Lug width: 20mm
Lug to lug length: 51mm
ETA 2892 - A2
WR: 300m
Fine bead blasted finish, some very minor, need to go nose-to-watch to see, signs of wear
Beautiful blue lume which is very good and lasts long time (I see the time at 5 am in a darkened room - not your fathers' Kobold lume, this is nice)
Bezel does have 60 clicks, but as can be seen, it has no markers.
Serial number 1 007 - this is great for that James Bond fan or if '7' is your lucky number
No papers, but if you request, I can suppy recent (7-2-09) Kobold service that did the following:
- repaired caseback (it was bent by a hack watchmaker) and repaired by the Kobold people, not perfectly, but 99+% - see pics on non-crown side whenre caseback meets the case, if you look closely you can see a slight 'wave' and there are very slight dings to the top left lug on the lower side so it is unseen when worn and an accompanying very slight ding on the lower left lug on the top side bevelled edge that is there, but you have to look hard to see the pin sized, not pin head but the pointy bit, mark - there for full disclosure and stated it was waterproofed to specs when put back)
- refinished case
- adjust/regulate movement - it runs 5 secs fast a day, worn on wrist, but I haven't worn it since the AD showed up! If you want the papers, I am going to remove my personal identifying information!
Comes with KOBOLD Service Department box - none of those cheapo, no-name jewellry boxes that some lamos send out :)
Bonus - 20mm titanium bracelet, sized, with all the pieces, except two of the extra three links are missing the small screw heads which will need replaced - the 'long' part of the screw is included. The sized bracelet easily fits my 7.25" wrist and has an additional 3 micro adjustments in the clasp. Note the bracelet comes with a diver extension and fold over safety clasp. The bracelet is brushed, however. The difference when worn together is verynegligable. I have left them unbalalnced as the new owner may wish to have on strap only, or change the head to brushed or bracelet to blasted - it's up to you. Bracelet has been worn and there are swirlies and such, but overall excellent condition. The cost at Kobold for refinshing the case was $170, so you may gauge the cost of OEM refinishing from that, or from another vendor.
Price is $1800 shipped in CONUS. Please add $25 if shipped other places. I will take paypal and cash. I will consider other instruments, such as a cashiers check but only if that bank has a branch where I am to avoid chargeback as I will go to the bank to cash directly, not deposit. I intend to insure the package, but if insurance is not available to your location, then buyer assumes all responsibility for the package, delivered or lost, when I ship the watch. If you buy outside CONUS and ask to 'fake' the value of the watch to avoid customs cost, it will obviously come without insurance and you bear all risks with my proof of postage. Postage in CONUS will be priority and priority international, if available.
Not looking for trades whatsoever, please do not ask.
I will wait for payment to be cleared before shipping unless we have dealt before or your prowess in a watch forum is known.
Thank you for looking and please contact with questions, indicating where you saw the posting. Faster response will be had through the email function.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts