WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is a close to New old stock LeJour manual wind Ultra rare chronograph watch made only for the French market. Still has sign of the retail sticker on the back, unpolished. All original. This is a fully French in-house movement watch. "France" stamped on the bottom of the dial and on the movement, case back as well. Recently SERVICED, Keeping excellent time. Accuracy checked with timegrapher.

Working fine and good to go for another 50 years to come. This watch has barely seen any sunlight as the tritium is still green on numerals, I suspect this was sitting on someone's drawer since it's bought. The case size is approximately 38mm which makes it a modern dimensional watch. The sunburst dial is almost new to the naked eye and the solid screwed riveted bracelet is scratch-free and unused without any scuff or marks. It's a time capsule. Blued hands complements the dial. To find a chronograph in this condition that has all the original parts and resets and keeps time perfectly is insanely hard to find. So this is pretty much an ONE OF a kind piece. Also to note that I'm the first person to open the movement.

LeJour was a French watch company that mainly retailed and distributed Swiss timepieces in Europe and the United States. Its most well-known partner was HEUER, but it was also the U.S. distributor for the brand Yema until 1980. During the 1980s with the shift of demand from High-end Mechanical Watches to the mass-oriented Quartz Revolution, Like many other European manufacturers, even Le Jour began to phase out the production and with time eventually for unknown reasons faded away completely.

$1499 via Paypal without fees. Shipping FREE worldwide. Considering that a 500 USD worth of service to the watch has been done alone, I'm asking a very low price. I have a couple of feedbacks here. Knock me for more. This is a collector level watch and a good investment watch as well, specially in this condition.

Reference: 9399
Case width: 37 mm. (without crown)
Lug to lug: 44 mm
Lug width : 18mm
Case thickness: 12mm.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpg
4 (2).jpeg
5.jpeg
6.jpeg
7.jpeg