WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a micro-brand diver I bought from this very forum last year. It's a limited edition bronze diver with an original case design and a beautiful light brown dial (not green as it appears in some of the pictures). It has developed a beautiful deep patina.

This is the non-date version with black lumed sapphire bezel and domed sapphire crystal. It's a hell of a lot of watch for the money.

Movement is a Miyota 9015, currently running at -3s/day.

Website with full details is here:
Makara Octopus (Bronze / Brown) - Makara Watches

44mm excluding the crown, it's a bit of a beast, a bit too big for me, truth be told.

These watches had an issue with the bezel spring which made some of them not sit exactly straight. This one has seized up completely but is exactly at 12, so if you're not bothered about turning the bezel it looks perfect. I'm sure it would come loose with a bit of encouragement, but I haven't tried.

It is 200m WR, and I have been swimming and snorkelling with it, so can confirm its suitability (as long as you don't need a timer bezel...)

Came with three straps (rubber, felt and leather) all with chunky branded bronze buckles, and I've also added a black mesh which I think looks great.

Also comes in a nice wooden presentation box. The completion of the watch was quite delayed, which is why there is so much in the package.

I'm looking for £200 incl RMSD, UK sale only. Thanks for looking!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts