WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling my Minerva Palladio A771 chronograph purchased last year through an auction site. It was an impulse buy and much as I love everything about it, it was never destined to have a permanent place in my collection for two reasons: 1. lack of decent and affordable servicing options here in my neck of the woods and 2. no real need for the chronograph function. I have barely worn the watch since acquiring it.

NOTE: The chronograph function is NOT working normally but the timekeeping function works just fine. The chronograph (and the timekeeping) stops abruptly any time within 30 seconds of the chronograph being started; stopping the chronograph will cause the timekeeping to resume as per normal. Essentially, the watch tells time just fine so long as the chronograph function is not activated. I don't know if this will require a minor or major repair but the previous owner informed me that the chronograph was working just fine while in his possession.

Edit: The watch has been running for slightly over 48 hours and has gained 33 seconds (left face up). This seems to be more than the published Valjoux 7750 power reserve but I found another thread with the same thing happening to another forum member so this seems to be normal (which makes it more incredible for an 'older' watch).

This watch rarely comes up for sale since I have read that Minerva only produced about 500 chronographs per year when this was released. Also, if I'm not mistaken, this was one of the last model of watches made by Minerva pre-Mont Blanc acquisition, albeit without using an in-house movement (which might actually be a good thing if you consider the servicing cost). There are some helpful reviews online if you google "Minerva Palladio".

Specifications
Width w/o crown: 37mm
Depth: 11.5mm
Movement: Valjoux 7750

Condition: near pristine, does not look like it was used much considering its age. Faint scratch marks on the caseback, sides and bezel, except for a fairly deep one across the "M" of the "automatic" on the caseback. Chrono seconds resets a hair (~1mm) to the left of zero. Watch only with original buckle but no strap, battered original box available but no papers. Looking for USD700 plus approximately $30 for shipping to Asia and $50 for shipping to other countries. I prefer bank wire but may do Paypal on a case by case basis. I will provide a more precise shipping quote if you let me know your location. PM or email at liars (underscore) prosper (at) hotmail (dot) com.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump, added power reserve and accuracy information.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump, new photo added, price drop.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
bump

·
Registered