WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am offering for sale my mint condition 1973 Benrus Type II Class A, a US military issue navigator style pilot watch with GMT bezel. The watch was had a full service by Jack at IWW in 2009, including replacement of all gaskets. The crown was replaced from an 'OEM' crown to an NOS Benrus factory replacement crown in 2010. The watch functions perfectly. Included with the watch is a US military style black nylon one piece strap. I have viewed many Benrus Type II Class B watches over the years and this is one of the best condition examples I have seen. The case is in very good shape and has never been refinished. I also include the original (broken) crown. The watch keeps very good time and there are no issues with it whatsoever. There is some minor delamination on the acrylic bezel insert but nothing of any significance.

- Dial - original -excellent condition - never resumed - patina

- Hands - original - excellent condition - patina

- Crystal - not original, OEM replacement most likely. May have original NOS Benrus Crystal to sell at additional cost. Will not sell it separately however.

- Movement - original GS1D2- excellent condition. Serviced in 2009.

- Case - original - never refinished - excellent condition.

- Bezel - original - very good condition - acrylic is not totally smooth but has some natural ageing. Very little delimitation as can be seen from pictures.

- Fixed Bars - original - excellent condition - not bent.

- Strap - lightly used US military style black nylon strap

The inscription on the back of the watch is:

MIL-W-50717
Type II Class A
Benrus
6645-225-1741
X7951
DAAA25072-C0658
JUNE 1973
SERIAL NO.
U.S.

The crown alone cost £100 back in 2009. I purchased the watch in 2007 on bay and it cost me around £975. I am offering the watch for sale for £1250 ono + shipping. Serious enquiries only please.

I am UK based and can ship internationally, but would prefer a UK sale. Up to £2500 cover is available with Royal Mail Special Delivery. Royal Mail International Signed For would provide up to £500 cover depending on the country. Collection is of course also possible.

Paypal, personal cheque or bank transfer are accepted. Paypal means +3.4% extra.

I have a number of references on WUS and recently sold a mint condition Rolex LV on another forum. References are available upon request.

Any questions, please send me a PM.

Thanks

PliSsKen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts