Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
and SOLD!

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

It is Sold for $2200 - September 9

Material property Fashion accessory Technology Everyday carry Electronic device

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

This is my Kingston, number 030 of a Limited Edition of 300. This the version with the Red-triangle bezel, and gloss-plated, gilt, no-date dial and gilt hands. The full delivered price includes the MKII Kingston watch, MKII vintage-style rivet bracelet, with solid end-links, and featuring brushed horizontal surfaces and polished end-plates, strap-changing tool, spare spring bars, including shoulder-less springbars and a new 'Bond' RAF nylon strap with polished thumbnail buckle and cloth keeper, spare link for bracelet, MKII Guarantee Card, and original Owner's Booklet, and the Original sales Invoice, all nicely packed in the original equipment MKII plastic case--

Sold for $2200.

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal Material property

DISCLAIMER: I will not guarantee any degree of water resistance, nor will I respond to any claim regarding water resistance - It will be the purchaser's responsibility and obligation to verify water resistance.

I do state that the watch has a very good, clean and nice appearance, and as far as I can ascertain, it is in very good mechanical or functional condition, other than the disclaimer (stated above) concerning water resistance. There are no tool marks of any kind on the case back, which lead me to think that it may not have been opened since it was originally assembled.

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver Metal

Watch Fashion accessory Analog watch Material property Jewellery

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

I received this watch after the original owner sold it to another buyer- There was at least one other person, possibly more, who had it before I bought it on the WUS Sales Forum in February of 2013. I believe that I am the third or fourth owner. When I first received the watch, the bracelet was missing screws and one link and had suffered quite a bit of desk-diving-type wear. I ended up purchasing a new bracelet from MKII and fitted it to the watch. The bracelet included in this sale is not 'the original' to the watch. I wore this replacement bracelet carefully on limited occasions.

Although not shown in the photos, I do have the original "Certificate of Guarantee" and the original Owner's Booklet and they are included in this sale. The original Sales Invoice is dated February 2012 is included also.

This Kingston has always kept very good time. The watch head is in very, very good condition over-all, with some hairlines visible on the polished portions (mostly on the highly-polished case back) some faint minor bruising and scuffing on the ends of the lugs, with typical hairlines along the sides of the case. There are the typical strap-changing marks on the undersides and inside the lug end recesses. The watch has a very good appearance and presents itself very well.

('Hairlines") :roll:

Watch Wrist Finger Hand Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Watch Jewellery Watch accessory Material property

Fashion accessory Engagement ring Cable

Glasses Fashion accessory Eyewear Font Silver

Watch Fashion accessory Metal Jewellery Watch accessory

Fashion accessory Material property Metal

During my ownership, the Kingston has had limited normal, but careful use. The undersides of the lugs do show some barely-visible marks from strap-changing and refitting, but nothing extraordinary. The hands and dial and crystal are perfect and look as new. The bezel has a very good, almost-new appearance with no scratches or apparent damage. The 60-click bezel indexes correctly and rotates properly without any excess play. The screw-down crown is flawless in function and works as well as it should, without any issue. Watch winds and sets and runs as it should, without any issues or odd behavior.

When not worn the watch was stored in its case. (None of my watches are kept on a winding machine - Winders wear your watches out sooner - James at MKII Service Center and Bill Yao of MKII advise '...Do Not use a winder').

The excellent-quality MKII solid-end-link, vintage-style riveted stainless steel bracelet is in excellent condition with very few (if any) visible hairlines from careful limited wear - There are no desk-diving marks on the clasp cover. -- It is complete with all originally-supplied links and fits my 8.25" wrist with one hole left in the adjustment range. One additional link is included in this sale.

Fashion accessory Rim Wheel Metal

Finger Hand Ring Metal Thumb

Credit to, and borrowed from the MKII Watches Specifications:

MKII Model: Project Kingston

Serial No. L34-030/300

Condition -- Very Good Used condition

Movement -- ETA 2836-2 (Elabore grade/Rhodium plated), highly decorated (rotor features Côtes de Genève, decorated bridges), Incabloc shock protection, hack setting, automatic with manual winding capability.

Crystal -- Double-Domed Sapphire with anti-reflecting coating on the inside only.

Case -- Stainless Steel, Mirror polished and satin finished 316L Stainless steel, with highly polished, beautiful "chamfers".

Case back -- Solid Stainless Steel (316L)

Crown -- Triple gasket screw-down crown, Polished, Stainless Steel with MKII Logo-- approx 7.6mm diameter

Dial -- 'Classic submariner-type' Plated, Glossy Black with gilt-outlined markers. Markers filled with C3 Luminous material. No-date. Luminous Triangle index at 12 o'clock. Luminous bar hour-markers at 3,6,9 positions, round luminous dots at other hour indexes. C3 (Appears pale green to off-white; Glows bright Green) Luminescent markings on hands and dial. Minute track and MKII Logo are shiny gilt, according to a MKII-specified special process. Fantastic, attention-grabbing appearance with sharp details.

Hands -- "mercedes-style" highly polished, beautifully proportioned, gilt hour and minute hands; gilt second hand; all with C3 Luminous Material.

Dimensions -- 47.95mm end-to-end length, 14.5mm thick (or height), bezel diameter 39.20mm, lug width 20mm.

Bezel -- 60 click unidirectional bezel

Bracelet -- MKII solid stainless steel with 20mm solid end-links, Vintage-styled 'riveted' fittings, polished end plates, thin, Vintage style solid links , removable links are retained by screws and pins. Includes all links as originally supplied. MKII Logo on Clasp - Clasp is 16mm wide.

Lugs -- 20mm and drilled through for easy, trouble-free strap changing.

Water Resistance -- Original Design was rated 20 atmospheres or 200 meters - Because of the age of the watch, it is not guaranteed as designed.

DISCLAIMER: I will not guarantee any degree of water resistance, nor will I respond to any claim regarding water resistance - It will be the purchaser's responsibility and obligation to verify water resistance.

Here are some photos of past times with Kingston 030... :)

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Watch Wrist Hand Sky Wind

I have really enjoyed my time with this beautiful little machine, but now, it is time for me to let this go, so someone else can have the opportunity to enjoy it, as I have -- I'll miss it

--- SOLD ---

Some Rules: (Sorry if this offends anyone, but I have learned some things about selling, after previous sales here...)

The first person to clearly state in a PM: "I will buy it" will get the watch at the current price as shown, and will have Priority from me in terms of response.

Expressions of 'interest' are nice, and other excited messages such as "I want it" or "I like it" are not a clear statement of intent to purchase...and don't accomplish much as far as getting the watch moving to a new home, and may not count if I have to go down through a bunch of messages while trying to determine who will be the successful buyer. PM's will be replied to in the order they are received. If you do send a PM, try to be clear and concise, make your questions or statements in a way that is understandable to a 61-year old male (who doesn't text that much) but understands the 'American diction'. If you are asking for a response from me, please be available to respond when I answer you. Ridiculous offers, low-ball offers, or trade offers will not be considered for a prioritized response and may get that person's future offers and communication quietly ignored. I am not interested in trades.

Anyone who offers a portion of future profits if watch is re-sold, or who attempts to out-bid another person's previous offer will probably not be a successful purchaser from me, and I reserve the right, as the owner and seller, to sell (or not sell) to whomever I choose... (for whatever reason).

Thank You for taking the time to look and read; now for some more pictures.....

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Strap

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Titanium Fashion accessory

Watch Fashion accessory Hand Wrist Finger

Hand Finger Tire Wrist Rim

Watch Wrist Hand Tire Strap

Watch Wrist Hand Finger Fashion accessory

Fashion accessory Jewellery Hand Silver Titanium

Watch Wrist Fashion accessory Hand Titanium

Ribbon snake Reptile Hand Finger Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Watch accessory Wrist Titanium Hand

-- I'll miss it, but I will also know that it has gone on to a good home --

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

-- Thank You to WatchUSeek for this Forum --

SOLD ( and shipped)

-- Thank You! ....to the New Owner --

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FS: MKII Kingston MK II - On Hold Pending Funds

Kingston L34-030/300 Sale: On Hold Pending Funds

Thanks for your Interest in this Sale

Thanks to the Forum, Forum Members, Sponsors and the WUS Community....

|>|>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts