WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: The beautiful, the rare, the incomparable Omega Seamaster 176.007, Cal 1040, Big Blue WITH 1170 bracelet and 653 end links.

At the outset, the watch needs service.

I have for many years owned and loved the increasingly hard to find 176.007 Omega Seamaster known as "Big Blue." In the ~7-1/2 years I have had it, it has been, by far, the most accurate timekeeper in my collection.

However, it recently stopped cold. It was not exposed to water, dropped, or damaged in any way. It just stopped ticking. I never had it serviced so far all I know it had not been serviced since ~1973. I cannot vouch for what service it may or may not need.

Why am I selling?

I have a decent watch collection and am not able to devote much wrist time to this watch. Also, with 2 kids now and 1 on the way, as much as I would like to keep the watch and have it serviced I really can't justify it.

I would rather have this watch owned by some one in the life position to really sport it and, of course, someone willing to get it properly serviced.

It is currently on a brown leather rally strap from, as I recall, Worn & Wound. However, I have the 1170 bracelet and 653 end links and the watch will be sold with that set.

If you're looking at this listing you know how hard it is to find this watch with the original period bracelet and very rare end links, so this is a very rare opportunity for a lucky WUSer.

But I know the watch, being not currently operational, cannot command a premium price.

I am asking $2,350.00 (U.S.) for the watch, bracelet, and end links together. I believe this accounts for the cost to the buyer to get the watch properly serviced.

The watch case in NOT polished. It has the original sunburst surface is visible.

Reasonable offers will be considered.

I am a longtime Watchuseek member, but as my growing family situation explains, I have not been active in a while in case anyone is curious as to why that is.

More pics to follow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts