WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello

Up for sale is a vintage 1970’s Omega Megasonic 720hz tuning fork watch. I just got it and love it but I just bought a Omega Speedsonic and this one needs to go.

The Omega Megasonic was Omega’s take on the tuning fork watch. Made from about 1972-1977 this watch was Omega’s attempt to make a tuning fork watch that was so much different than any other tuning fork watch that they did not have to pay Bulova any money forpatent royalties because this watch did not infringe on Bulova’s Accutron patents

These are rare to find nowadays as they did not make many of them (about 40,000-50,000 over a 5 year period) and even more rare to find working as they developed an issue and were dumped in a drawer rather than get them fixed due to the onset of quartz watches.

This watch not only works well but comes with paperwork showing it was serviced and worked on in Oct 2018 so you have a nice working watch with no need to worry about the last time it was serviced because you have the records for it.

The watch is in great shape for being over 40 years old.

It is about 36mm in diameter and had 18mm lugs

The watch comes on a black Omega band with Omega buckle.

Here is the original sales ad from the seller I bought this from

https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-megasonic-720hz-chronometer-serviced.92518/

I am asking $425.00 Shipped USA Only

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, insurance and Signature confirmation

Watch will come safely packed.

Please feel free to send me a PM

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts