WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD Hi friends,

I have for sale a rising classic and increasingly rare & collectible Omega Seamster Professional 300M reference 2254.50. This is Omega's full-size automatic diver, standard issue (non-Bond) and predecessor to the Planet Ocean series.

This is absolutely my favorite configuration as it has design elements of the vintage SM300 with sword hands, but with a hint of modern and unique touches like the scalloped bezel & textured wave dial. These are becoming harder to find, especially in minty condition as mine. Further distinguishing mine, and making this one even more rare and arguably more desirable are the subtle "OEM PLUS" modifications that include a factory 2230.50 dial ("non-America's Cup" script) and Planet Ocean seconds-hand swap. Both of these parts are OEM Omega parts sourced from O'Frei and no longer available to the public.

For those not familiar, the 2230.50 dial is the same design as the original 2254.50 dial to this watch, however, the logo & markers are applied (raised) and polished rather than just printed. This adds a touch of class to this iconic timepiece in a subtle way, that only an enthusiast can distinguish from original. The original seconds hand has a circular lume pip, whereas the Planet Ocean has a triangular shape that is more congruent with the hour & minute sword hands. In short, many Omega enthusiasts believe that the 2254.50 should have been configured this way from the factory. If you are not familiar with these modifications, here is a link to an excellent write up: https://www.watchuseek.com/f20/modified-modded-omega-photo-thread-581645-3.html#post4255487

This is a MINTY example w. only superficial signs of careful wear. Case/ chamfers and bracelet are sharp & crisp, perfect contrast b/w polished & brushed surfaces from the factory. All functions perform flawlessly. This watch was recently serviced in 2015 per original owner, my watchmaker inspected the movement and it is clean and keeping good time/ power reserve. The pics accurately represent its current condition, you will not be disappointed. NO BOX or PAPERS. Bracelet will come w. full-links (no half-links) that will fit up to @ 7.75" +/-.

You will likely not find another with these mods or in this condition again. I have plenty of positive feedbacks here and more on eBay (qwkslvrnsx).

SOLD $2,350 includes pp and USPS Priority 2-day shipping in CONUS.

SaveSave

Reactions: smshirk

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLD thanks S.S. & WUS!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts