WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I honestly never thought I would sell this watch. It was my first proper watch and I truly love it. Unfortunately I had to make some hard choices after pulling the trigger on a grail-worthy piece. Most of you are familiar with this watch. It is the highly collectible Peter Blake / sword hands reference 2254.50 SMP 300 41mm with workhorse Omega Cal. 1120 movement. I am probably the second owner but i do not know for certain. I purchased this watch in August 2011 from the highly reputable Bernard Watch Company. When I bought it, it was in mint condition with red dot still intact, meaning it had never been opened or serviced. It is a full set with inner and outer boxes, card sleeve, and the Pictogram and Chronometer cards. The only thing missing is the international warranty card, which tells me it was probably originally sold by a gray dealer. The red box is still in very nice condition.

This watch has a 815XXXXX serial number which dates it to approximately 2007 and it has the security globe hologram on the case back which was only present on the later watches in the production run and confirms production after 2006. In 2019, the watch went via Omega Boutique to the Omega Service Center in Seattle for its first and only service and it is still under post service warranty until April 2021. The buyer will receive all the service paperwork and the original replaced parts. The watch was in great aesthetic condition before the service so it didn’t need much in that regard. Neither the crystal nor the bezel was replaced. The bezel has some very minor, subtle marks that are not really visible when on the wrist. The case has a couple little marks here and there. I did my best to get close up photos of these but remember these are zoomed in photos and the marks are virtually invisible on the wrist. Since the service, it is in perfect mechanical condition running within COSC. As you may already know, the lume on these 2254s is fantastic.

I am not an expert on grading but I would say the watch is in mint/excellent condition. I have always worn it very sparingly and carefully. There was a period of probably 3 years where I exclusively wore a Garmin smartwatch (I’m not proud) and didn’t wear my SMP or other mechanical watches at all. I have also worn it very infrequently since the service. As my tastes have gone toward smaller diameter watches, this has gotten less and less wrist time.

The bracelet is currently sized for my 6.5” wrist; there are 3 extra links included. I will also include 2 extra straps. One is a beautiful custom leather strap with red accent stitching from ManCaveLeather with an IWC-style deployment clasp from StrapsCo. The other is a high quality black/red BluShark AlphaShark Nato.

This is truly a top notch example of the 2254.50. Extra straps, late production date, known service history, recently serviced and under warranty until April 2021!

I am pricing this at $2800 OBRO shipped.

Wire or PayPal + fees and conus only please.

No trades please.

I have been a WUS member since 2011 and have good feedback here and on The Rolex Forum and a ton on eBay as gak1971.

Thank you for looking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts