WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a sad day for me. I need to put up my beloved Speedy Pro for sale--I just can't justify the cost of this watch at my age (21). I bought it right before my birthday last year after saving for a while, but it's definitely the most expensive thing I have bought in my life. I have babied it in the little over a year that I've had it. I was hoping for it to be my "do anything, go anywhere" watch, but the cost made me hesitant and I put on an old Seiko 5 beater. At this point in my life, I can't be worrying about walking through a dodgy neighborhood, losing, dropping, or destroying such an expensive item, and after I bought a Yobokies modded SKX031, I've decided that the cost and ruggedness of the Seiko (the low cost and easy replace-ability being more important), while still looking pretty good, IMHO. I can always buy another Speedy 10 years down the line when I am in a better financial situation. As for now, it can make a perfect Christmas present!

I have sold a few watches/parts in the past, but never one so expensive, so feel free to shoot me any questions ([email protected]) and if you are serious about purchasing I can speak with you over the phone if you like. Watch is located in Berkeley, CA. We can do a face-to-face deal, but it must be in some public location and cash only. Otherwise, I will ship it USPS with insurance for the full amount and signature confirmation, split paypal fees and I'll cover shipping (which is about $20-25 with insurance).

Important facts:
Bought from a Japanese eBay seller about 13 months ago
Intact serial number: 7706****, matches serial on movement
Received full service (full movement breakdown, ultrasonic cleaning, lubrication, and case refinishing) by independent watchmaker on 11/7/2008, with one year warranty (so a little less than 11 months left)
Excellent condition: just a few scratches on the underside of lugs due to strap changes, and one small nick between the crown and 4 o'clock pusher (tried to capture on camera).
Everything is original
Keeps time to a couple seconds a day if I rest it crown down at night.
Ref: 1998/840 bracelet
Cal. 1861 movement

Note: it does not come with all links. There are 7 links on 6 o'clock side, 8 links on the 12 o'clock side, excluding end links. I have one extra in a bag, so total of 16 links, excluding endlinks. I think it'll fit up to a 7" wrist.

Comes with inner red box, no papers, no outer white box (this is how I got it from eBay seller). However, I think from the pictures it is quite clear that this is a genuine.

The watch:

This is his infinitely more affordable replacement:

Now, here are the extra goodies that will be included with the sale:
Lightly used Hirsch Leonardo Medici black leather strap, on push-button double deployant clasp

Clasp quality details:

The box:

Warranty:

Now, this extra is a bit special: I bought this display back from a member of another forum for a very low price. It appears to be genuine, has all the markings, and the threads match perfectly with my Speedy. However, it has a small scratch on the crystal, which means it was scratched by something extremely hard, or it's not sapphire. I never kept it on as there was always some play with the movement, and I did not have the skill to take out the movement and replace the spacer. I did, however, obtain a bent piece of metal from a watchmaker that lessened the movement, but still a bit of play so I never had it on for longer than an hour.

Also, a cheap pin removal/installation tool, works well:

Next, Ofrei's India made fiberglass pen. Used twice.

Polywatch, with many uses left:

Since I don't have any other 20mm watches, I'm selling the extra spring bars I got:
10 FB-7883 high quality 1.8mm x 20mm spring bars from Ofrei. (cost ~ $1/each, for the bracelet)
10 1.5mm x 20mm spring bars (for the Hirsch bracelet)

Here's that extra link:

Ofrei rubber ball caseback opener: works well if it's clean and well-inflated. It worked well when I got it, but it's since lost some air pressure and I don't have the little basketball needle attachment needed to inflate it.

I've loved and babied this watch for year, but can no longer justify owning it...

Asking $1700 (keep in mind full sevice one month ago, display back, double push-button deployant, Hirsch strap, and other goodies). CONUS only. Don't want to deal with customs. Local meet or Paypal (split fees) only.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The price is for the kit as a whole. I've had some inquiries about some of the extras, so watch + box + link for $1600. Just serviced, you won't have to spend any extra on it for at least 5 years!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drop. Watch + box + link + spring bars for $1550. If not, I think I can wait til the economy picks up again.

Not that many 3570s you can find that have just been serviced for this price.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I did not receive a PM. Send again? BTW, if you are really in Sydney, my listing says CONUS only. If you are serious, shipping will be extra, and I will not be responsible for customs.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you can pick up local and with CASH, price is $1500, which is what I'd get after splitting paypal fees and shipping.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE: Hirsch strap/deployant SOLD. I will be going on break from today until mid-January, when the watch will be re-listed. Will not be able to ship it until then but have access to internet for most of the break.

·
Registered
954 Posts
PM sent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts