WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello watch enthusiast! Here I have something you will not find easily. Not only it is a boutique Swiss watch manufacturer Armin Strom but also a rare edition of a short-lived Marussia-Virgin Formula 1 team automatic chronograph. For some of you who do not know the Armin Strom. As I mentioned, this is an old but not well-known Swiss watch maker. They manufacture their own in-house movements. The watch I sell here is sort of an exception from this rule because it is using ETA 7750 automatic movement. Now, about a Marussia F1 team. Founded in 2007 by a Russian rock/pop musician, show man, actor Nikolay Fomenko, Marussia Motors manufactured two sports cars B1 and B2. They planned to start manufacturing an F2 sport SUV in 2012 but that never happened. They also considered taking part in the manufacture of the limousine for the Russian president. In 2009 Marussia became a Virgin Racing partner and the new name was Marussia Virgin Racing. Unfortunately, they were not able to achieve racing results and in 2014 the company declared bankruptcy. The watch I have here for sale was made by Armin Strom a Marussia Virgin Racing sponsor. Armin Strom manufactured a number of high end pieces including a limited edition tourbillion of only TWO pieces! When I made my research of the chronograph I have here for sale, I noticed three variations. One variation had a Marussia logo only (this is this watch I sell), another had two logos (Virgin and Marussia) and the third had just the VR (Virgin Racing) logo. This particular model is a limited edition of only 500 pieces. The case is made of titanium used in the real F1 racing cars. Black PVD coating, black dial with red sub-dials add a sporty look to the chrono. The black textured leather strap has a water-resistant coating on the back. The case measures about 44 mm. The watch is very light and comfortable. Condition is excellent! I can only find two small nicks at about 7 and 12 o'clock. They are not really noticabel. Comes in a genuine AS inner and outer boxes. The outer carton box has a little repair on the lower right front corner. Also included something that looks like Marussia advertising brochure. The original price when this chronograph first appeared in public was over $8,000! I am asking $2,500. Here I have a few links so you could read about the chrono:

News: Armin Strom Continues Partnership with F1 Team Marussia. It's Been Four Consecutive Years Now. — WATCH COLLECTING LIFESTYLE
Armin Strom QNET Marussia 2014 Watch

notice just VR logo on this watch:
Armin Racing Chronograph Automatic | World Watch Review

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts