WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is a rare and not often seen AWI (Armenian Watch International) made Cintree Curvex model, basically a homage version of the FM Casablanca. Apparently this small Armenian watch company is also owned by the Franck Muller Group according to their marketing, and this is the one model that they decided to produce like FM, whereas every other AWI models available looks nothing like any FM models. I bought this new a year ago, and honestly haven't worn it in at least 9 months or more. Square style watches just aren't for me. Watch is in mint condition with no signs of wear anywhere that I can find. The one year warranty provided by AWI has expired, but the workhorse Miyota movement in this shouldn't cause any problems. Here's the specs from AWI:

- Large polished steel case (50 x 40 x 12 mm; 105 grams; almost identically with FM "Art Deco")
- Black dial in Franck's Muller style (like "Casablanca" with label "Made in Armenia")
- Caliber SC 647 A; Miyota automatic movement with 21 stones(Decorated, 21,600 A, 45 hrs power reserve, qualitatively high grade, reliable and exact)
- Screwed steel with engraving and glass case back
- Original black leather watchstrap (matte croc print)
- Buckle in steel with engraving "AWI".

Additional details provided by AWI:

The Armenian-born jeweler, CEO and co-founder of Frank Muller, Vardan Sirmakes, is also an owner of the small Armenian watch manufacturer "AWI - Armenian Watch International".

„...Franck Muller was so fascinated with the success of first watches that in 2003 it gifted one of its models to AWI. That model was shift away from Franck Muller’s production and AWI received a patent on this model, i.e. only AWI can produce it…”

“…The project was to make a very complicated watch within totally new contours. Franck Muller devised a completely new watch-case: all research was based on the discovery of a single spherical point at which the three axes of the watch's curves had to meet. Scientific calculations were made based, among others, on perfect balance, which resulted in this famous three-dimensional watch-case, so characteristic of the Franck Muller style. The three curves of the Cintrée Curvex watch are in perfect balance. The manufacturing procedure is Franck Muller exclusivity. The most sophisticated machines are needed to produce it, as not only the watch-case but also the back, dial, hands and glass are shaped…”

$265 shipped CONUS takes it (prefer CONUS at this time). Paypal preferred and fees on me. Please check my profile page for numerous references.

NO TRADE OFFERS PLEASE, prefer CONUS cash deal on this one. :-!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts