WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale:
Rolex 16800 Submariner Date. Serial number 9.4 million is from the year 1986. The 16800 is a transitional model that shares many characteristics with its successor, the 16610, except that the 16800 uses a 3035 movement and different grade of stainless steel.

Several years ago, this watch received an extensive service at a Rolex Service Center, including a new luminova dial, hands, bezel insert, and crystal with laser etched coronet. I realize that the replacement dial might not be an ideal scenario for some buyers but please keep in mind that when new, dials of this era had a paint flaw that caused cracking. Collectors refer to these as "spider" dials but many, many were replaced due to appearance and/or servicing concerns.

Condition:
This watch still looks great from the RSC polish, but some wear on the insides of the lugs remains - see photos. The bracelet is a correct 93150 with clasp code V8 and 501b endlinks. Bracelet has 11 links which I believe is one short of being "fully linked" but should still fit all but the largest wrists. Also, one of the permanent links has been replaced with a removable link.

Accessories:
Watch only. No box or papers. The box in the photo is a prop for photography and is not included.

Price & Terms:
Asking $8995 $8500 includes fast domestic (USA) shipping with insurance. Bank wire preferred but paypal plus fees may be considered if buyer has good references.

As far as my references, I’ve completed many transactions with forum members here as well as on Rolex Forum. Substantial positive feedback and internet presence can be located by searching for my username "NKflyer" online or in the "who's who" section here. Please inquire if further info is needed regarding references.

I do not accept returns unless watch is significantly not as depicted. Private message or email [email protected] is the best way to contact me. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts