WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD

Description copied from my eBay listing - please visit to see additional photos: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Datejust-16014-Silver-Linen-Dial-1983-36mm/123948270289

For sale is a beautiful Rolex Datejust 16014 with a silver linen dial, and Rolex jubilee bracelet circa 1983. This watch is in excellent condition and is running very well.

The 36mm case size is perfect for my 6.5" wrist, and feels very comfortable. The silver linen dial is truly something to see in person, as it reflects light in so many different ways to reveal the texture. The hands, dial, and hour markers are all in excellent condition, and the tritium lume plots have patinated to a deep caramel color. They are all intact without any chipping or cracking. The watch looks to have been polished at some point over its 36 year life, but the case edges and white gold fluted bezel are still relatively sharp and the lugs are not overly rounded. The jubilee bracelet has very little stretch and is in excellent condition with lots of life left. Comes with a few extra links to fit up to a 7.5" wrist.

No box or papers included, but I guarantee its authenticity 100%. My watchmakers, who are certified by Rolex, serviced this watch in 2016 and they definitely would have mentioned anything that looked out of place. I've worn it sparingly over the past several years, and it's keeping excellent time (see photo of timegrapher). The date snaps over at midnight, the crown clicks out to 1st and 2nd position as it should, and hand winding is smooth.

I hate to sell this watch, but my collection is ever evolving and changing, and it's time to let this one go to a new owner to enjoy. If you're looking at this auction, then you probably already know the direction that vintage Rolex prices are going...nowhere but up. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to message me. I'm located in Connecticut if you want to look at it in person. No international sales, USA only please. If you have little or no feedback, please contact me before bidding. Thanks for looking!

Priced at $3900 on eBay - WUS price of $3700, discounted if paying via method that doesn't involve fees. Message me if
interested!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts