WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
For sale is my Rolex Submariner 1680. Overall, the watch is in amazing condition with a beautiful patina on the very clean MkI dial and which is consistent with the patina on the hands, a clean bezel insert and a clean, acrylic crystal.

This watch was just serviced by Time Tec in downtown Los Angeles who replaced the mainspring, overhauled the movement, gave it a light polish, and replaced gaskets and pressure tested it. Since I got it back, it has been running approximately +3 seconds per day. It gains overnight at rest. While on the wrist it is almost dead even.

The bracelet was cleaned up with the service. However, in removing a link that had seized, one of the permanent links on the bracelet got nicked (as you can see in one of the pictures below). At least the nick is on the side of the bracelet that isn’t easily visible when wearing the watch. The bracelet has 10 links and is perfectly sized for my 7" wrist right in the middle setting of the clasp. The bracelet can be adjusted ½" larger or smaller.

The serial number is 5,7XX,XXX, which puts the watch at around 1978-79. The watch does not come with a case or current papers. It does come with the papers from the recent servicing by Time Tec. The price is $6000 via bank wire shipped CONUS.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts