WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! I decided to sell my beautiful Buran chronograph. The chrono is made by Russian Volmax firm (a company that basically emerged after Poljot has died). I purchased it about five years ago and have been wearing it in rotation with my other watches. This used to be one of my favorites. I bought other chronos from Volmax and notices I wore my Buran only on special occastion where I wear a suit. I think the chrono is not worth sitting in a box. That is the only reason I decided to sell it. The chronograph functions work smoothly and flawlessly (smoother than some of my chronos with Swiss ETA 7750 in them). The chrono is keeping good time.
This is a limited edition #20 of 500 total. I am not 100% sure but I think the case is gold plated. Also notice an extra sub-dial at 6 o'clock that is a 24 hour counter. This is a very nice feature you won't find on the majority of Swiss chronos that usually have an hour counter.

The chrono comes with its origial wooden box, a tag and a warrenty card (that is expired already). I don't have a manual. That's the way I bought it from ShopNBC.

Below is some technical data:

Poljot Chronograph 31681 Movement

Mechanical lever movement
Manual winding
Sapphire crystal
Caliber: 31 mm
Movement height: 7.35 mm
25 jewels
Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, 24-hour scale, date calendar, stopwatch with summing up action
Shock resistant device
Frequency: 21600 vph
Daily rate from –20 to +40 s/day
Power reserve:

chronograph is not running: 42 h
chronograph is running: 37 h

The overall condition of the chrono is excellent with almost no visible marks on it. Please, note the photos show some marks but it is just the fact I did not cleaned the case before taking pictures. The original leather strap is in used condition and show wear on the inside but it is still nice.
You will not find this chrono in today's market! Neither new nor used. I saw a similar chronograph with Swarovski crystal around the dial and it is selling for about $1,300. All Buran production is now moved into Switzerland and so there will be no Russian made wathces with this brand. The prices for new Swiss made models are crazy. I am asking $350 for mine and it includes insured shipping in the US.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts