WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to part with the 6105-8119 that I picked up last year that is dated from October of 1979. This manufacture date is approx 1 year later than the previous latest known example and is the latest known as far as I am aware in the collecting community, the previous one being from October of 1978. These hands were commonly installed by Seiko at the service centers after the originals were discontinued, so this likely went through the service center at some point and the hands actually carried the same Seiko part number as the originals as well. The buyer I purchased this from states he had owned the watch for the past 15 years during which time nothing was changed on it.

As you can see, the overall condition of this one is excellent.

Dial and hands are superb, in outstanding condition with original snowy white lume (see first picture as to how it looks in real life) and no marks. I gently cleaned the end of the seconds hand to remove some munge when I got it and it cleaned up very nicely.
Case is in very good condition with only minor signs of wear. I cleaned up the case very sympathetically when I got it but the caselines are excellent and the original finish on the top is in very good shape. Crown is original and locks as it should.
Caseback is in good condition, I replaced the seal when I got it.
Bezel works as it should and feels like a new watch, perfect tension and solid clicks, it is also in excellent condition. Only very minor signs of use and as you can see in the second picture, no scratches or marks. The bezel insert is original.
Crystal is an OEM Seiko original that I installed and is in flawless condition.
Movement is the 6105b and is in good shape, but you can see at some point there was some wear caused by the rotor but this turns flawlessly and does not rub now at all. It keeps good time and everything works as it should including the hacking and quickset.

Asking $750 SOLD OBRO

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FS: Seiko 6105-8119 Diver - Excellent original from Oct 79!!

Bump

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: FS: Seiko 6105-8119 Diver - Excellent original from Oct 79!!

Bump, final reduction..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts