WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This beautiful 6306-7001 was produced in August of 1976, the 1st year of 6306 production. It is one of the nicest you will see and much rarer than the 6309s as it was manufactured in Japan only. Condition is easily 98%. The movement is the 21 jewel hacking automatic with Kanji/English date wheel. Here are the particulars:

Case has been professionally refinished with proper matte finish on top and polished on sides and bottom. Nice sharp edges and no nicks or dings. This is the early style case with larger cut-out at the crown and bolder accent lines on the sides. The crown screws in and out smoothly with about 4 turns to lock and the bezel is buttery smooth in both directions with positive clicks each way.

Movement has been serviced with all new gaskets and a new flat mineral crystal made to original Seiko specs including frosted edge. Date wheel in both Kanji and English and the 21 Jewel movement hacks as it should. Currently keeping time to better than +12 seconds per day on my winder.

Dial and hands are all original and both have been masterfully relumed and shine nice and bright. The bezel is original and the big dot at 12 has also been relumed to match the dial and hands. It has a few scratches but was not replaced because it's a very nice original bezel with a nice insert. I will supply a brand new correct, after market bezel insert (with big dot relumed by Ken Setzer) if the buyer wishes to replace it.

I bought this watch from Kelly Rayburn with the intent of selling off my original 6309-7040 to offset the cost but found that I just couldn't part with it since it was so pristine and was made during the month my Son was born. I don't need two cushion case divers so, this 6306-7001 will move on to another who will appreciate it for what it is. It's a great collectible piece of Seiko History, especially in this condition.

The following photos have been copied with permission of Kelly Rayburn and they depict the watch just as I received it since I've not worn it at all. I will deliver it with either the original GL831 diver strap or with the Seiko Super Oyster custom modified to fit the 6306 case and with the dive suit extension and clasp with 4 micro adjustment holes. It has all solid links connected by screws and not pins.

Price for this beauty is $430 on the dive strap or $460 on the Super Oyster. Price includes mailing and paypal fees in the CONUS. No trades, please. Many references if you need them. Thanks for looking.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts