WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my prized Seiko Ananta Kumadori SRQ015 that's on the chopping block for sale. It's a limited edition of 800 pieces, and features the high end and very impressive in-house 8R28 chronograph movement, which incorporates a column wheel, triple vertical clutch, and a three-pointed hammer. The column wheel allows you to run the chronograph on a continuous basis without having to worry about damage or added accuracy deviation, while the vertical clutch ensures that the chronograph seconds hand starts smoothly, with no "jump," at the moment when the stopwatch is activated. What's new and different about the 8R28 caliber -- and exclusive to Seiko -- is that the chronograph mechanism has not one but three vertical clutches. This means that each chronograph hand -- not just the one for the seconds, but also for the minutes and hours -- is driven by a vertical clutch. The result is that the chronograph minute and hour hands move just as smoothly and continuously as does the chronograph seconds hand (i.e., no "jump"). Further, the 8R28 movement also uses a three-pointed hammer to ensure that all the chronograph registers simultaneously and precisely return and reset to zero, all in perfect sync with each other. As mentioned, this is truly a high end movement, and it incorporates features found in watches at least two or three times as expensive; Seiko truly hit the ball out of the park with their 8R28 movement.

Aside from the movement, equally as impressive is the dial work, which features a deep and glossy hand-painted lacquer inspired by Japanese kabuki theater. In kabuki theater, the actors use special face paint, referred to as kumadori, to describe their role in the production. Seiko commissioned renowned Maki-e lacquer artist, Isshu Tamura, to hand-paint the dial.

I am the only and original owner. It's in LNIB condition thanks to Seiko's black hard coating, which is over 1,000 hv and just as durable as any PVD process. The watch is a complete set and comes with everything, including inner and outer boxes, manuals, hangtag, and open warranty card. As a special treat, the box is signed by a Seiko master watchmaker from when I visited the Seiko boutique in New York City. The watch is currently sized for my 6.75 inch wrist, but all additional links are included should you need to size the watch up for a bigger wrist.

Priced at $2100, and pricing is firm. PayPal + 3% only accepted from established forum members in time, posts, and feedback, and who are based in the U.S. All others will render payment via bank wire/electronic deposit or physical deposit to my bank account. I have plenty of references, and expect the same from buyer. Face to face transaction in the Northern New Jersey/New York City area welcomed.

International shipping at my sole discretion. If I agree to ship abroad and by purchasing from me, international buyer agrees to pay all shipping/insurance costs and buyer also agrees to assume any and all risk, including, but not limited to, loss, theft, damage, and/or customs issues or problems. Payment by bank wire only for international sale.

Specifications:

• Automatic Chronograph
• Ref. SRQ015
• Caliber 8R28
• Case: Stainless steel with black hard coating
See-through case back with sapphire crystal
42.8 mm in diameter
• Glass: Sapphire crystal with Super-Clear Coating
(Our proprietary newly-developed anti-reflective coating, applied on both the front and back of the glass.
It prevents 99% of light reflection and allows the dial to be easily legible, even in bright light.)
• Bracelet: Solid stainless steel with black hard coating
• Buckle: Stainless steel with three-fold clasp with push button release
• Water resistance: 10 bar
• Magnetic resistance: 4,800 A/m
• Limited edition of 800 pieces

Email is the preferred method of communication and will yield a faster response than a PM: axiom106 {at.. {gmail.. {dot.. {com... I will respond promptly to all questions and inquiries.

Here are plenty of pictures from multiple angles, demonstrating the beauty of this piece. Please excuse any visible fingerprints, dust, and/or smudges. Note that the following photos were taken in natural light for the most accurate portrayal of the watch and its condition:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts