WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my Seiko Laurel SCVM001 from the “Seiko Historical Collection The Year 2000”, as 1 of the 7 prized Seikos, to reissue Japan’s first wristwatch from 1913, the Laurel. This reference was limited to 1000 pieces, and this example is #164. You don’t and you won’t see this come up for sale often.

The watch is about 32mm in diameter without crown, fixed lugs are about 13mm wide, which was the standard size and design for the watches from the early 1900s. The domed sapphire crystal with double sided Anti-Reflective coating making the dial super visible even under strong lights. There are a couple light scratches at the center of the outer AR coating but it wasn’t a big deal to me, and should definitely not be a deal breaker. The dial is made of enamel so it will never fade or tarnish. The combo of the heated blue hands and the Breguet numeral markers is just perfect, together with the double AR coating the dial really pops! The steel case has some hairlines on the side, while more scratches on the caseback due to the nature of the fixed lugs and it can only be worn with a WWI-era bund strap.

The 24 jewels, hand-wind 4S28 movement beats at 28800 bph and is keeping time but service history unknown. Power reserve is about 40 hours. The 4S movement family was considered to be one of the best mid-tier movements from Seiko but were replaced by the 6R family and thus discontinued since the early 2000s.

Watch comes on an aftermarket early bund style strap and the original strap is also included. Unfortunately no box and paper. Please carefully examine the pictures as they are part of the descriptions and please keep in mind that all pictures were taken with a 4x macro lense filter thus all the imperfections were bloated up 4x larger.

My price is $850 NET to me of PayPal and insured shipping feeFIRM. International shipping will be accepted at my discretion. Face to face is welcome in the Los Angeles area. Not looking for any trades. As always, lowball offers will be politely ignored. Plenty positive feedback on the forum and I expect the same from buyer. If interested, please message first and we will exchange emails for further discussion. Thanks for looking.

Reactions: RogerP and jah

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bump, $850 net to me.

·