WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For sale is JDM Prospex United Arrows Solar Tuna or 'Mini 62MAS' as I call her b-)

This model is JDM and only available in Japan.

Bought in Tokyo in April from United Arrows Ginza - last one in the store. This particular model (there are dozens of STBRs) is getting hard to find. I couldn't find it in the usual BIC Camera / Yodobashi.

To my wife's annoyance, I went to every United Arrows store I see looking for one and this was only the second one that I managed to find. The first one, has a less than ideal chapter ring alignment. This one is perfect as you can see in photos. As a matter of fact, it's very hard to find a perfect alignment on sub $1,000 (or non Japan made) Prospex.. that was my conclusive observation from weeklong hunt/shopping.

The plan (or rather impulse purchase rationale) was to wear this as a weekend watch.. however most weekend I'm wearing my (forgive me) Garmin as I'm doing a marathon training since May.

As a result, I have worn this watch for less than 10 times since purchase in April.

The watch is mint all around with one exception - a less than 1mm light scratch dead centre on the hardlex crystal (I honestly don't know how this happened given it's barely "run in". It's so small it can't be captured by the rather decent Pixel 3 camera. It's absolutely invisible in daily use and from straight-on angle. You have to position / angle your wrist almost horizontally and in full sunlight to catch the 'shadow of the scratch'.

Comes with box, papers, tags. Strap is effectively new and still super flat. It's a lint magnet btw!

The case size is simply lovely for smaller wristed folks like me. Measures 42.7mm and only 43mm lug to lug. It fits my flat 6.3" / 16cm wrist perfectly.

This mint example is offered for AUD 475 firm with free shipment Australia wide. Overseas buyers are welcome, shipment at your own cost.

Thanks!

PS. Worn and Wound did a nice writeup here: https://wornandwound.com/introducin...ase-solar-tuna-ref-stbr011-for-united-arrows/

Attachments

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imgBB seems to be down today.. I will re-host and upload pics tonight.

In the meantime shoot me a PM if you're after some pics.

Cheers!

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump! Price drop, now AUD $450.

Thanks for all the inquiries so far. Not open to trade or go any lower than $450 - this is an extra mint example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many of you asked for wrist shot / size reference... I don't have another Seiko Diver to compare it to, but here's a wrist shot on my 16cm (6.3") next to a 36mm Oyster Perpetual.

Note how the lug to lug is noticeable shorter than the OP and it is extremely wearable on my small flat wrist.

aa387cb0336b89fe9e325cd1cebf6bee.jpg

·
Registered
Nomos Orion 35 | Timex Q
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump! Now includes elastic marine national style strap in black with white stripes! valued at $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts