WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there guys

I have a 2010 Seiko SARB031 for sale, which is a hacking, automatic, waterproof Seiko dress watch - not unlike a vintage Grand Seiko!

SEIKO Automatic Watch
Movement: 6R15 23J Automatic (with Hand winding and Hack function) - with 'Tokyo stripes' decoration on the rotor
Model Ref: SARB031
List Price: 50,400JPY ($633 or £400)
Made in Japan - now discontinued and hard to find
Case: Polished Stainless Steel
Dial: White/silver
Crystal: Hardly
See-through back : Hardlex
Diameter: 36 mm (without the crown)
Thickness: 12.5mm (including domed 'vintage style' crystal)
Accuracy: Officially +25/-15 sec/day. This watch is dead on +5 seconds per day, with virtually zero deviation.
Power reserve: 50 Hour
5 ATM water resistance - showerproof (although leather strap wouldn't like it).

Here are some pictures. Click on the image for a hi res version.

This Seiko SARB031 is in used but near mint condition. I bought it in September 2010, and put it onto a different leather strap (the brown strap shown in 2 of the photos - not included) so the original black leather strap (now refitted) is still in excellent condition (only tried on twice). I've worn the watch a few dozen times. The watch has some very faint hairline scratches on it but nothing major. The only minor scratch is on the outside of the lower right lug as depicted, it is hardly noticeable.

The watch is highly polished and has a few finger prints and pieces of dust in the pictures - it is hard to get a clear picture of the case on account of its polish. No mechanical problems and it has been running better than any other watch I've had. Automatic but has a manual wind facility - and is hacking. Very accurate. It resembles very closely a 1960s Grand Seiko, with the added benefit of a date mechanism.

I include all the original boxes, wrapping, invoice and expired warranty card (had a 1 year warranty only).

The list price on this watch was 50,400JPY ($633 or £400), but I paid $480 (£303) for it from SeiyaJapan.com, excluding taxes. It is now discontinued and very hard to find.

Asking price: Was asking £300 - PRICE DROP! - now £280 ono (plus shipping).

I am UK based and can ship internationally. Paypal, personal cheque or wire transfer accepted (paypal fees are extra).

Email me at editorialATmedicalinsiderDOTcom or send me a PM.

References available upon request.

Thanks

Pat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts