WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here's a unique opportunity to acquire those two very rare mid sized divers, the Grey Ghost (SBBW049) and its golden sibling SBBW051.

Both watches share the same case, movement (5M43) and bracelet but differ with regards to the dials, hands and button/crown.

First up the Grey Ghost, manufactured October 1997.

High definition photos taken today can be viewed on this album https://imgur.com/a/C2k6qrI

Its in full boxset including 5M43 manual, blank warranty card and two very rare spare bracelet links (currently sized for my 18.5cm wrist).

Excellent overall condition, perhaps the best one sold in recent years. New Kinetic capacitor in during last year, fully charged, keeps good time. Bezel action is sweet, crystal, dial, case are all clean, lume is good, bracelet has some minor usage marks, bezel has a couple hairline scratches noticeable at an angle.

The Golden Ghost is an even rarer variant, this one manufactured February 1996. Amazing dial on its own right. No box/papers, one spare link available (again, bracelet is currently sized for my 18.5cm wrist)

High definition photos taken today can be viewed on this album https://imgur.com/a/xOBP1Hw

Very good overall condition, new Kinetic capacitor in during last year, fully charged, keeps good time. Bezel action is sweet, crystal a couple of minute specks, dial is clean, hands are clean, lume lights up like a Xmas tree, bracelet bezel and case have typical usage marks.

The Grey Ghost is available for 400$ Paypal'd and shipped for forum members, the Golden one is available for 300$. Get them both and save 50$ while upgrading to DHL (2 business days) for free, will throw in a OEM Seiko rubber strap, unused. Watches are located in Europe, Greece. Plenty of feedback from sales on the forum. I'm the resident expert on those so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Thanks for reading and thanks WUS for hosting the ad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts