WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

SOLD!!!

I purchased this watch in January from a well-regarded WUS member and am very reluctantly selling it because I just got the delightful surprise gift of a Coral Blue Sumo from my best friend so this one will sadly need to leave to make room in my collection for the Sumo. It has the magnificent blue-to-black dial with the embossed pattern mimicking the underside skin of a blue whale and benefited Fabien Cousteau's Save the Ocean charitable campaign when it was purchased by the first owner. Unlike many Seikos I have owned, this one has perfect alignment of the chapter ring and indices. The bezel detent is very slightly off, so I just line it up on the twelve o'clock position in between clicks. I have only worn it myself only a dozen times, always on the included perlon strap, so the case sides, back, bezel, and crystal are in pristine condition with no visible scratches or scuffs. I do see a couple of tiny marks behind two of the lugs that were most likely caused by me when I mounted the watch on the bracelet. Oh well.

I am including a Strapcode Endmill bracelet that I purchased for another Turtle I owned, but never got around to wearing. The bracelet is also in excellent condition, is unsized, and includes all links. Included are the watch, the Strapcode bracelet, a blue Crown & Buckle perlon strap, hang tag, user manual, and inner and outer boxes. It is most likely still in warranty coverage but the original owner did not pass on the sales receipt to me. The Seiko black silicone strap has been appropriated for use with my Tuna, sorry.

Seiko SRPC91 "Save The Ocean" Turtle
Case: 45 mm, 316L Stainless Steel, brushed and polished
Lug-to-lug: 47 mm
Height: 13.1 mm
Crystal: flat Hardlex
Bezel: black PVD with blue aluminum insert
Dial: blue-to-black fade embossed with blue whale pattern, day and date complication with white backgrounds. Choice of either Spanish or English day depictions.
Indices: applied polished stainless steel filled with Seiko's white Lumibrite luminous paint
Hands: applied polished stainless steel filled with Seiko's white Lumibrite luminous paint
Case back: embossed with Seiko tsunami wave logo
Crown: black PVD screw-down
Movement: Seiko 4R36 automatic movement, hacking and hand-winding. Runs about +6 seconds a day in my experience
Water resistance: 200 meters
Bracelet: Strapcode Endmill brushed stainless steel with solid end-links and screw attachments for each link, 22 mm. All links included and currently in place. Extra set of Seiko fat spring bars are included..
Clasp: Fold-over system with milled hinge hardware

I have numerous positive reports in the WUS feedback forum as both a buyer and a seller. Price includes shipping (United States only please -- apologies to Canadian watch lovers) via insured USPS Priority Mail with tracking. PayPal only please, from certified accounts. I will absorb the transaction fees. Inquiries from prospective buyers who have joined WUS in the previous 24 hours will be politely ignored. I am not interested in trades at this time. Please PM me through WUS if interested.

Asking price -> $275 <-- SOLD!!!

fullsizeoutput_566.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_568.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_567.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_565.jpeg

IMG_2766.JPG

IMG_2767.JPG

IMG_2768.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts