WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Selling my recently acquired vintage Seiko Vintage Grand Quartz 9943-8000 Gold Cap. Serial number tells me it was manufactured in 1974. English/Kanji day wheel.

Photos here: Timestamp here:
Anyone looking at this probably know the story of Seiko’s high accuracy quartz movements in the mid to late 70’s. There is plenty of great writing about them online, so I won’t embarrass myself by trying to summarize what they’ve already written.
A history of Grand Seiko in ten chapters. | Grand Seiko
A History of Grand Seiko – 1975 to 1988

The 9943 movement in this Grand Quartz was rated to +/- 10sec /yr. I have no way of checking if it still holds that accuracy though.

Case is 36mm wide, 41mm tall.

I recently bought & bid on a fair number of vintage Grand Quartz watches from Japan and realize that this is a duplicate in my collection.
Works well, I popped in a battery (SR927SW) and it ticks along nicely. Day / date settings work well too.
These watches have AR coating on the outside of the crystal and it does have some finer scratches. The photos & videos tells the story, I’ve only had this watch around for a few days.

Please note that the crown doesn’t seem to to the original one, you can see it close up in the photos.
The leather band it comes on is a generic one with a generic buckle.

Selling for $200 shipped USPS Priority mail, CONUS only. PayPal, price is inclusive of fees. No returns.

PM for any questions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts