WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<SOLD> Seiko White Knight with Sapphire Crystal

***SOLD***
(including PayPal and shipping - USA Only, please)

USED - Seiko 200m Automatic Diver's Watch (7s26 movement) - "White Knight"

--

I bought this watch used off the sales forum here less than two months ago, and I really never thought I was going to sell it. Now, I've got my eye on another watch, so up for sale this one goes!

Most of you know the watch that I'm selling...the Seiko White Knight, one of Seiko's nicer "dress divers!" The textured white dial is very nice and it sometimes looks silver depending on the angle, and it features luminous markers (trimmed in polished metal) and luminous hands (painted black) as well as a red-tipped seconds hand and the nice red accented text on the dial. Featuring an all stainless steel case with a unidirectional bezel, and an extremely comfortable and solid stainless steel bracelet with a four-point adjustable clasp (with safety lock and diver's extension), this is a very solid, but not overly heavy or large dive watch.

Condition-wise, the watch is in very good condition. It is used, but not abused, and it actually looks better now than when I got it, thanks to some Scotch Brite and a Cape Cod Cloth! There are some light scratches here and there from normal wear (especially on the polished surfaces), the worst of which are on the clasp and a couple on the bezel (around the 5 and 20-minute marks). The watch is currently sized to my wrist (about 6.8-7") but it does come with two extra links and pins/collars.

Originally when I got the watch, it was running at about 45-seconds fast per day, so I had a local watchmaker take a look at it. He said the movement looked fine and just needed an adjustment. So, he put it on his timer and adjusted it for me, and now it runs fairly consistant at about 5- to 7-seconds fast per day (which is pretty good for a 7s26 movement).

As stated in the listing, this watch is modified, although very mildly. First, it now features a SAPPHIRE crystal! The original Hardlex was scratched when I received it, so I sent it out to Duarte at NEWW and he installed a MKII sapphire crystal in it, and now it looks great! (The orginal Hardlex is included as well.) For peace-of-mind, Duarte also pressure tested the watch to ensure that it is still water-resistant after the new crystal was installed. The other "modification" is that center links on the Kinghts' bracelet are normally polished, however on this particular watch, they have been brushed-out (or "deblinged") giving it a little more sportier appearance (the watch came this way when I got it, and I think it looks great, personally). The sides and back of the case, as well as the sides of the bracelet are still polished, however, which give it that nice touch.

In addition to the extra links, the watch comes with both an inner and outer boxes (a little worn), pillow, hang tag and paperwork--I'm not sure if these are all original, but they came with the watch when I got it, and they are a little worn. (The hang tag says SKXA49K1, but the White Knight is the SXKA47K1, so I'm not sure what that is about, but that's what came with the watch.)

Anyway, I have about $250 invested in this watch. So, considering the work that has been done and the fact that these Knights are discontinued getting harder to find, I think that this is a great price!

I have bought and sold several watches here on WUS and I have had no complaints, and I also have 100% feedback on eBay (juicer78). If you have any questions, please PM me. I am fairly firm on the price, so low-ball offers will be politely ignored, and I am only looking for a deal within the US (sorry to the international buyers), so please don't ask me to ship outside the country.

Here are some photos of the watch. Thanks for looking!

:thanks

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Re: FS: Seiko White Knight with Sapphire Crystal

:) :)

These watches are discontinued and are getting hard to find, especially in white, and they're even harder to find with a sapphire crystal! "New" ones (if you can find them) cost upwards of $300, but those only have the Hardlex. Here's your chance to get a nice-looking White Knight with a sapphire for a great price!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts