WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, VCM fans!

I am selling two of my Zuanshi ("Diamond") branded vintage Chinese mechanical watches.

These watches contain the 17 jewel SM1A hand-winding movement, which is well known and well respected among VCM enthusiasts for its high accuracy and long power reserve. One of these watches contains the original 18,000 bph version of the movement, while the other contains the later 21,600 bph SM1A-K version. Both watches are running. They are a little stiff to wind, but keep excellent time. The SM1A-K watch was part of my regular rotation for many years and never gave me trouble.

The slower beating watch has a small crack in the crystal at about 8 o'clock. Both crystals have some very fine scratching, but this absolutely does not effect legibility, and if you are really bothered they would polish out very easily as the crystals are acrylic. The dials are not pristine but are very good for their age. Both watches have the correct crowns, signed with the diamond logo. Sadly, I never managed to find one of the comparatively rare Zuanshis with a stainless steel case. Both these examples have stainless casebacks but chrome-plated base metal cases, and there is some small amount of pitting, corrosion or worn away chrome in places (as there almost always is with this style of case). My personal opinion based on long experience looking at VCM auctions is that these cases are in slightly better than average condition in this regard, but if you are especially concerned I can try to take more detailed photos of the relevant parts.

Very happy to answer any questions!

I am asking 35 EUR for each watch, plus the cost of shipping. I can let you know shipping charges if you let me know which country you're in. Payment via PayPal or EU bank transfer.

Cheers,
J. F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts