WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is this very unique Poljot International watch with a Molnija handwind movement. I saw this watch a couple years ago on eBay but missed buying it. Last year, I saw another one and went after it hard. The history of this watch is sort of a mystery - some discussion of it can be found in this thread. Whatever the history, it is a very cool watch. I am only selling because I'm liquidating a bunch of the collection to chase a grail.

I attempted to take pictures in a variety of lighting situations. The dial looks white in many photos, but is actually kind of a gray-beige. The hands are a nice blue color, probably a little more subtle in person that in some of the pictures where they're catching a lot of light.

The watch has great presence - about 45-46mm in diameter without crown. It also has a transparent caseback to show off the lovely workhorse Molnija movement, and drilled lugs. The lug width is 22mm. I don't know much else about the specifications of the watch, to be honest, but I'm happy to try to answer any and all questions.

The watch is in as-new condition with one exception - when originally swapping off the terrible blue leather strap it came on (I will include it in the sale), I must have slipped a bit and I made a scratch near one of the screws (pictured). The watch is now on a Meyhofer brown strap which looks really good and will come with the watch. Also included will be the packaging I received with the watch, which includes a fake leather PI box and pillow, and a users manual which I never examined until tonight. The manual actually has some handwritten notes that imply that the watch was regulated before shipment.

I probably overpaid for this watch when I bought it, and there are obviously no comparables. This is a super cool watch and you're guaranteed to be the only person on your block to have one. :) I'm going to ask $200 which includes shipping, via PayPal, CONUS only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts