WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Price: 1,300 Euro ( including shipping and paypal fees ) , paypal, bank-wire. Will ship to all time zones via courier.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

For sale is one of my beloved vintage Glycine Airman.

I've accumulated many premium vintage timepieces over the years and built the largest vintage Glycine collection. Having several from some of the models, I've decided to release a few of them.

Photograph Photography

The Glycine Airman, first released in 1953 was the premium pilots' watch back in time and became popular during the Viet-Nam war among helicopter and jet fighter pilots.

If you will buy a Glycine timepiece,I am the right person to deal with,check the web and decide by yourself.

Text Font

It's a purist 24 hour watch, meaning the hour hand evolves once every 24 hours around the dial. The rotating bezel is used to set a second time zone which can be read with the main hour hand. It's a smart solution for GMT function without an additional hand. Glycine has invented and patented the rotating 24 hour bezel back in 1953 ( Pat CH314050 ) and it's still being used by many other brands.

The Airman has a unique hacking mechanism which no other brand has; a tiny pin pops onto the dial at 24 o'clock position when the crown is pulled off.This holds the seconds hand at ' still marche' until the crown is pushed back in. This spec was crucial to synchronize time to the second, especially for coordinated air attacks.

The main crown is at 6 o'clock which sets time, the second crown (un)locks the bezel.

Specs of the watch:

Case: Stainless steel, compressor case, 36mm w/out crowns,38mm with crowns. Main crown is cross hatched as it should be in this era Airman watches.

Lugs width: 20mm

Caseback markings: PAT314050 ( Airman patent 24 h bezel ), 722493 ( Serial number ), Stainless Steel, Incabloc, Waterproof, Automatic, Swiss

Inner case-back markings: Glycine Watch Co.

Serial No: 722493. Manufactured in 12 Feb 1965

Movement: 25 jewels, A.Schild 1700/01 automatic movement

Service History: It has been serviced in April 2015 by my watchmaker Ronald Prins in Holland (Startpagina ). It functions flawless and keeps perfect time.

Strap: recently sports on 18mm bracelet but can switch to a Glycine aftermarket strap or Nato style band.Let me know.

Date window at 6 o'clock position with magnifier

Tailend at the hour-hand for easy lecture of PM time

Date is set as in most vintage watches, advances by changing time from 20-24 o'clock

Hacking mechanism via pin at 24 o'clock position does exist and functions properly.

Water Resistance: It's a 50 years old timepiece, it has been pressure tested to 3 atm only for splashes and light water drops. I won't recommend exposing it to water.

I guarantee a smooth transaction. References in WUS - sales to US, Canada, Sweden, UK... and ebay are available upon request.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Number

Dishware Plate Tableware Platter Serveware

Circle Watch Wheel

Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Silver Metal

Watch Metal

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I have also another rare vintage watch for sale. A killer Chezard movement with dead beat seconds from mid '50s:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f29/fsot...conds-watch-chezard-7400-candino-2265353.html

Let me know if anything meets your taste.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts