WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is this refurbed cal. 911 Flightmaster, one of the all-time classic Vintage Omega chronographs, in amazing 97% condition. These are really getting hard to find and finding one in this kind of super mint condition is pretty darn rare. Making this Flighty even more appealing, it has just had a complete overhaul by my NYC watchmaker, which included the replacement of the mainspring. It is under guarantee for the next 6 months and in all likelihood will be good to go for the next 4-5 years before needing another service. Anyone who has purchased vintage watches knows that buying one that has been serviced recently represents a significant savings.

The reduced price is $2500 USD (because of the amazing condition and recent service—subtract that cost and the price is really less than $2100!) plus shipping & insurance, which will be arranged according to the wishes of the buyer. I would prefer and suggest US Priority Mail within the United States for full insurance of the watch, which should cost about $30 or so. Shipping to other destinations will be calculated at the time of purchase based on the country of the recipient and the method selected. The watch is also available for local pick up in NYC and that will obviate the need for any shipping charges.

I prefer Bank Wire, Cashier’s Check or Postal Money Orders but will accept PayPal for an additional 2% of the gross added to the payment (Paypal e-check may be available to U.S. buyers and will not cost extra but usually takes longer to clear).

CASE: Original Omega brush satin factory finish tonneau case in fantastic condition, with all edges sharp and crisp. Correct "tall" version of the Flightmaster case for the cal. 911.There are two small nicks near the blue crown and some really small swirlies at 12, otherwise this baby would be 100%. As it is, I conservatively rate the case at 97%.

CASEBACK: The outer caseback has a nice, crisp jet plane, Omega logo and Flightmaster text. There are a few tool marks so I will rate it at 92% but it has clearly never been polished. The inner caseback is corrosion free but is marked “145.013” which is actually the reference for the cal. 910 version. I believe this Flighty was refurbed at some point (see also the luminova hands) and I have seen this ref. Caseback used interchangeably on a number of other refurbed cal. 911 Flightmasters. Why, I couldn’t say—maybe Omega is out of the correct “145.026” /“145.036” backs?

DIAL & HANDS: Absolutely mint “T SWISS MADE T” Tritium lume dial with NOS Luminova hands. Again, quite common for these refurbed Flighmasters. Of course, this means the hands will glow when exposed to light while the dial will not. Orange chronograph hands are completely mint, as well, and show zero fading.

CROWNS & PUSHERS: Signed Omega winding crown and full compliment of color coded pushers and crowns, which is one of the very appealing trademarks of the Flightmaster series. Obviously, all crowns and pushers perform their functions flawlessly after service.

CRYSTAL: Perfect mineral crystal without any scratches or flaws of any kind. I believe this curved style crystal is actually correct for the cal 910 Flightmaster but again, I have seen this domed xtal on a lot of these NOS-type refurbs.

BEZEL: Inner rotating bezel is flawless with all numbers crisp and rotating in both directions via the black dot crown smoothly and easily.

MOVEMENT: Omega cal. 911 with constant seconds at 9 and GMT (blue) hour hand complication for tracking a second time zone, as well as the classic chronograph functions. As stated above, the watch has just been serviced and is keeping perfect time (in 2 time zones!) and all chronograph function start, stop & reset perfectly. The movement # is 33,3xx,xxx, dating this Flightmaster to ca. 1971 (yes, the whole # is there but has been blurred to foil counterfeiters).

BRACELET/BAND: Modern full-length ref. 1162-172 bracelet in essentially unworn condition and zero stretch. If I’m being picky, I see some really faint scuffs on the clasp, so let’s call it 98%. Should fit up to an 8” wrist, I reckon.

As stated above, this watch was just serviced this past month by my New York City watchmaker including new gaskets, etc, but I make NO guarantees for the water resistance of this watch in any way, shape or form due to its age and the dodgy water resistance of vintage chronos in general.

This great Vintage Omega is offered with a 3-day inspection period from the date of receipt and may be returned for a full refund (less any shipping costs incurred by the buyer). This refund is unconditional and once I get the watch back in exactly the same condition as it was sent to you, your money will be refunded. Of course, once the 3 days are over the sale will be considered FINAL.

Thanks for looking,
T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Re: FS: Vintage Omega cal. 911 Flightmaster, amazing condition & overhauled--REDUCED!!!>>>

SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL :-!
And a great price too !
Best of luck with the sale .

Regards
Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts