WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's an opportunity to own one of the very earliest Landmaster variants.

Some photos below and more available at Imgur including close ups.

Before Seiko switched to AGS (which would eventually become Kinetic), they used the "AutoQuartz" branding for just a few months. A good history about these historic Seiko watches is here.

This SBBW005 (5M23-6A20) is an early production model from March 1993 and in very nice condition for its age. Its capacitor has been updated so it lasts longer than the original 3 days (easily a few months now).

All stainless-steel one-piece case is mostly in excellent shape with a few dings/scratches, but nothing too bad. The dial is in great shape with a cool texture visible in certain light. Hands, indices are really nice. Crystal is clean. Steel bezel is mostly scratch-free and turns properly with decent "clickiness."

Note: the flange ring/rehaut does need shifting about 5mm to the left, but as this is a one-piece case, I've never had the opportunity to do this -- should be an easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing.

The bracelet maintains its brushed/polish finish and fits my 7" inch wrist with a few micro-adjustments to spare. No extra links, sorry.

The watch keeps good time, and the day/date (Kanji/English days) switches over properly and quickset works via screw-down crown.

I'm looking for $425 or fair offer shipped from Chicago to the continental U.S. I will ship further afield but will likely ask for extra to cover additional postage costs and PayPal fees. No trades please.

I have great feedback as both a buyer/seller on here, reddit, and on Instagram where plenty of people can vouch for me!

nkJdlwXh.jpg

zOsxcSQh.jpg

slcC4ACh.jpg

WdPPNCOh.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts