Case: Steel case
Dimensions: 40mm
Caseback: screw-in, steel
Crown: screw-down
Dial: black dial
Strap/bracelet: steel
WR: 200 meters

Serial: 9645xxx (1981 Production)

This story starts in 2010. I wanted a Rolex Submariner in a serious way, but couldn't afford one. So, I settled and bought this vintage Tudor Submariner from a user here on Watchuseek. A few months later, my old man passed away and left me his watch collection. I was overwhelmed at the time and just sort of stuffed all of the watches in a safe to be dealt with and admired later.

After a year or so, I got back into watches and dove into the collection which, of course, included a vintage Rolex Submariner. As such, this Tudor didn't get much wrist time and sat in the back of the safe for years and years.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago... One kid needed braces and another needed her first car. To help finance this windfall, I've decided to sell a couple of watches. This Tudor is one of them.

Funny thing is, I've always thought this was a 79090... But, a user here on Watchuseek told me to check the case and sure enough, it's actually a 94010 on a 9315 bracelet with 380 end links and a Tudor clasp. As far as I know, this is the original bracelet to this watch.

I don't really know the history of the watch before 2010. I was told it was serviced just before I bought it and it still keeps time just fine. It's condition seems pretty darned good for it's age. There is some patina, but to me this only ads to the character of the watch. However, my biggest fear is selling something with such a high value and misrepresenting it... So, I've taken photos in a very harsh light - hoping to highlight this patina as best I can. In reality, this patina isn't quite as obvious as it is in the pics.

Anyway, I shopped this watch around the usual suspects getting online bids from retailers. Those bids ranged from $5k to $8k. And if you look at their inventory, they typically sell the 94010 anywhere from $9k to $15k.

Given all that, here's what I'm thinking:

Price: $7,000 shipped and insured in the US. I will pay shipping, but this price is NET to me. International shipping is up to the buyer.

Trades? I would consider a partial trade (your watch plus cash) for a Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight or a Tudor Black Bay "Black."

Questions? Happy to answer any questions you might have...

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Everyday carry

Watch Analog watch Everyday carry Clock Wood

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Silver

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

Watch Analog watch Jewellery Watch accessory Camera accessory

Automotive lighting Watch Silver Body jewelry Rectangle

Watch Rectangle Jewellery Clock Watch accessory

Natural material Silver Wedding ring Wedding ceremony supply Engagement ring

Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Motor vehicle

Watch Flash photography Automotive design Audio equipment Camera accessory

Font Jewellery Electric blue Automotive lighting Automotive design

Silver Analog watch Natural material Watch accessory Everyday carry

Watch Silver Analog watch Natural material Watch accessory

Analog watch Silver Font Jewellery Electric blue

Watch Tire Automotive tire Rectangle Silver

Eyewear Automotive exterior Tints and shades Font Rectangle

Watch Automotive tire Rectangle Tire Rim

Watch Rectangle Silver Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Answers to questions:

1. Offers. Yes, I will field offers. My lowest price at the moment is $8500, but you might be able to get me lower.

2. Trades. Really, I would only be interested in trading down to a black bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts