WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Wei & Friends Watchsculpture 102.1 from deceased watchmaker Martin Weichert- VERY Rare & Unique

Up for sale is truly a one of a kind watch, the Pure 102.1 model. It is from a small brand based out of the Czech Republic called Wei & Friends (W&F). This one is an extremely limited edition with only 17 pieces produced. It is in great condition with some slight marks on the caseback as a result of changing straps.

As I understand it, the founder of W&F, Martin Weichert, has unfortunately passed away, making this already very limited edition piece a true collector's item. W&F's website (http://www.wf-atelier.eu/) is no longer operational, so this watch is now impossible to acquire.

Each and every aspect of the watch is completely handmade by master watchmaker Martin Weichert. The black dial is pure enamel, which is made by using a centuries old watch making method of firing the enamel at 800 degrees. The enameling process takes 49 steps in order to complete each dial. The cases are from Germany, and the modified ETA 6498 movement is from Switzerland. The rest of the watch is handmade in house at Wei & Friends. Other innovative features of the watch includes: A unique anti-shock system using a "floating" seating, with flexible ring, metal springs, and silicon polymer to protect the dial, movement, and hands. The hands of the watch are called "Moonhands," and are made with three dimensional pieces of four different metals. Each is polished, rhodium plated, and blued with each hand turning out differently. There are also two illumination systems used: One has luminescent material within the bezel, while another system uses a superluminescent material covered ring which reflects light onto the dial. The crown is also positioned for comfort at 4 o'clock, is ridged, and double sealed.

Here is more on the watch:

"Model 102.1 comes with a black enameled dial in a special 'Moon dust' finish. This is a subtly structured surface with black glass crystals which are etched after firing for a matt look. Because of its special surface, it is left clear without any markings, only with a superluminescent index at 12 o'clock. The model is made in a limited edition comprising of only 17 watches.

A bold side profile, a subtly upsweeping face, each curve and surface is the result of more than forty separate case construction and design steps. The mechanism, dial and hands are set into the case using an anti-shock system which absorbs some of the energy during bumps or falls of the watch onto the ground and protects not only the sensitive movement but also the fragile enameled dial and complex hands from damage."

My price is $3200. No trades please. Payment via wire or bank to bank transfer (ACH/EFT) is preferred, but for trusted buyers, I will also accept PayPal plus 3% for fees. You must be PayPal confirmed and verified. I also welcome a face to face in the Northern New Jersey/New York City area. I have references available upon request. I prefer to ship CONUS, but I am willing to ship internationally solely at my discretion. International buyers are responsible for all shipping charges, taxes, and duties, and I am not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to the shipment. The only method of payment I will accept from international buyers is a bank wire in USD.

Feel free to email me at axiom106 (at) (gmail) (.) (com) or drop me a PM. I will respond promptly to all questions and inquiries.

If you want something that stands out and is completely unique, then is the watch for you.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Re: FS: W&F (Wei & Friends) Watchsculpture Pure 102.1 - VERY Rare & Unique

In the interest of full disclosure, there are strap change scratches on the back of the case from strap changes. Again, this is only on the back of the watch. Nothing a good polishing can't remove. The watch is in overall very good condition aesthetically. The watch is also in excellent technical condition, and runs perfectly. Grab this rarity from a superb watchmaker that is unfortunately no longer with us.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Return to top...

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Bump with price reduction, now $3000.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Now open to trades, so please let me know what you have!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Bumping this up

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Reasonable offers entertained; let's get this rarity sold!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts