WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale: Weiss Watch Co. / Allen Edmonds "Artisans of Freedom" Limited Edition Field Watch (100 pc. Limited Edition)

Looking to sell my Weiss Field Watch from Allen Edmonds. This limited edition piece comes from a collection of 100 pcs that was purchased from the Allen Edmonds site on 12/31/2018

PRICE: $2000 shipped within CONUS obo (no trades)

Movement condition: The watch is running in excellent order, I'm not a stickler for accuracy but it always has been a dependable timepiece that has been very accurate for my usage patterns. The movement is a dark plated cal 1003 "in-house" made Weiss movement, which is a movement that is based on the ETA 6497, except with custom parts, some extra features, and better finishing:

The CAL 1003 is a manual wind mechanical movement featuring a beat rate of 21,600 beats/hour, displaying the hours, minutes, and a sweep second hand at 9 with hacking feature to allow synchronization of the second hand with another timepiece. The movement also features incabloc shock protection to protect the balance wheel pivots. Weiss movement has 17 jewels, beats at 21,600vph (3Hz) with a 46-hour power reserve. As a comparison, the standard ETA/Unitas 6497 has 17 jewels and beats at a lower 18,800vph (2.5Hz), although a later version developed specifically for Panerai, the 6497-2, bumps it up to 21,600vph. The current Calibre 1003 has a re-engineered mainspring and hacking seconds, which is an upgrade from earlier Weiss models.

Case and Crystal condition: watch was worn sparingly in rotation as part of a 10-piece collection so there is some wear on the bezel. There are small hairline sized marks at approx. 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock in the DLC coating. No dents or anything deep that can be felt. I tried to take pictures of these marks at their worst, I think they are much less noticeable in person because of how shiny the polished bezel is, but this is of course, purely subjective.
IMO this watch should look better with more scratches but I just didn't wear it often enough to give it that rough patina. The rest of the case and lugs are flawless. Front sapphire crystal and sapphire case-back are both perfect.

What's included: Watch with aftermarket canvas strap installed. Weiss signed pin buckle with aftermarket tang installed, the original tang will be included as well. TWO OEM Horween leather Allen Edmonds / Weiss straps will be included, the black strap is lightly worn and the brown strap is completely brand new. Original Weiss strap changing tool. Original Leather carrying case and outer plain cardboard box. Paperwork included are: operating instructions and identification card.

I have been part of WuS for several years now and have sold around a dozen watches, PM me and I'll supply some references that have been posted by other members here.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts