WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale from my private collection a Zenith Elite cal 680 – very elegant watch with an in-house movement that is about to get extremely rare since it’s rumored to go out of production!
I am still not 100% convinced I want to part with this piece, since it’s my “go-to” dress watch. The only reason I put this for sale is that I was offered a Chronomaster at a good price and need the funds for that.
The watch will be subjected to a full revision and mechanical maintenance work with a master watchmaker prior to receiving payment from a committed buyer (I’ll get back with a definite date once clear intention to buy it arises).

All pictures attached were taken of course prior to the revision. I will provide fresh ones once the watch comes back.

Condition:
Case: extremely elegant and slim (7mm tick!) 36mm, 18mm lugs size (I fitted a 20mm strap for the pictures, not included) stainless steel case, original polish. Some marks on the bezel and lugs, visible under certain lightning and angles. Please observe the pictures. Some scratches on the bottom, please observe the pictures. See-through back.
Case engravings: Swiss Made / 90/01 0040 680 / Water Resistant / Manufacture Zenith / Stainless Steel engraved on the rim of the see-through caseback.
Dial: Original, unrestored silver-colored dial with all markings present. Beautiful guilloche pattern, displays a bit of gray hue at 9:00 between the center hands and the seconds sub-dial. Luminous dots nearly depleted from age, but then again this is a “classy” piece and not a diver.
Hands: Original, good shape. The Luminova is nearly gone but being an elegant piece I don’t find that as an inconvenient.
Crown: Original, signed, perfect shape.
Crystal: Sapphire crystal, untouched. Bottom inspection window is also perfect.
Movement: In-house caliber 680 self-winding movement. Beautiful decorations and exceptionally slim. I will send it for a full revision and replacing any parts that might be damaged or scratched from previous work, so this will be a full overhaul on my expense prior to receiving payment from the buyer!
Bracelet/strap: I will include a very nice, high quality brown genuine lizard leather strap fits the watch perfectly. It can be seen in the attached wrist shots, please disregard the strap that’s pictured in the “studio” photos.
Box and papers: NO box, NO papers. Pictures show its originality, plus the certificate it will receive after revision.

Price: EUR 1000 / USD 1350 plus shipping. If you wish to use PayPal, please add 3%.

Shipping to the US: $120 by TNT (full on-line tracking, 2-3 working days delivery time).
Shipping within the EU: EUR 25 by DPD courier (full on-line tracking).
Please inquire for shipping to other locations.

Watch is located in Craiova, Romania, within the EU. All duties or any other additional taxes are the sole responsibility of the buyer. I will provide step-by-step pictures/scans of the packaging and shipping process but once the package leaves my hands I have no power over it.

I am a seller on Ebay under the same username for over 14 years and have 100% positive feedback with 409 transactions (over 500 individual transactions) and many watches shipped to multiple locations (USA, Canada, the UK, the Netherlands etc.). For any other trust-related issues I can provide further credentials or proof of identity.
I sold two Omegas on WUS; reference for one can be found here: gwzymytk - very positive experience

I will not take any returns for this item unless grossly misrepresented by me in the description and/or pictures. Please observe carefully, read the entire description and ask all questions prior to committing.

Pictures:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some interest, nothing solid yet.

Final price EUR 950 / USD 1280 non-negotiable (PayPal +3%, buyer's location further determines shipping costs to be added).
Watch will be sent for complete revision prior to receiving payment from a reputable interested party (included in the above costs, of course!).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Several buyers expressed intent, so the watch is out for revision as previously stated. I have contacted all and informed of the situation, so I guess the sale is pending.
Shall update as necessary, thank you for the interest!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Watch is back from the mechanical revision and is now on hold for a potential buyer. Still out of town, so getting it back was quite the adventure.

I have taken fresh pictures (no cosmetic improvements were made to the watch) and testing it for accuracy etc., before a possible transaction.
For conformity, I am attaching the pictures here as well.

Will update as necessary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts