WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale today my vintage Zenith G278 chronograph with the venerable 146HP manual movement. A lovely gilt dial with three register chrono.

The watch measures 37mm across (40mm including crown), 44mm top to bottom, and 12mm thick. Or rather, 12mm thin. Watch wears so nicel

Lugs measure 19mm wide. The crown is the correct, signed one and the caseback is also correct. The crystal shows no cracks, the dial is excellent, and the hands also are in excellent condition. Everything is original to the best of my knowledge.

A couple items of note: A small amount of gold plate is missing from the bezel between 6:30 and 8:00. I bought it this way. The bezel separates from the case, so it can be re-plated if it bothers you. There is also some oxidation on and around the lugs.

The watch comes with a lightly worn leather strap with signed Zenith buckle and no other accessories. Watch keeps good time but no service history. The chronograph operates smoothly and resets cleanly although the center seconds hand will sometimes reset a shade right of 12.

I am looking for $2150.00 wired and shipped in the CONUS. No trades at this time. You can reach me here via PM or email ajn3323 at yahoo dot com. Pictures such as they are follow and should be considered part of the description. Thanks for looking.

IMG_2483.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2505.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

1 - 4 of 4 Posts