WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all! Catch and release on this one - I've always wanted one of these but on the wrist I just don't feel it. Blue dial versions are difficult to find, so hopefully my loss is your gain. This is from ca. 1997, which was just a year or two before Breitling moved to the oversized/italicized numerals on the dial. Personally, I much prefer this design compared to the later dials. Please read carefully - I've tried to be as detailed and upfront as possible in the listing, but don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Reference: E65062
Case size: 40mm
Year: ca. 1997
Inclusions: Watch and bracelet only
Asking $1250 shipped, net to me. I have a handful transactions on here (though I haven't been the best at chasing down feedback posts) and can provide additional references. Trades considered with cash on either side.

Condition notes:
  • Sale is for the watch and bracelet only
  • Movement functionality is flawless, though service history is unknown
  • Relatively uniform scratches on the bracelet from typical wear; bracelet should fit wrist of up to 6.75, maybe 7". If you're curious, I can take a measurement.
  • Case is free from major scratches or dents; please refer to photos for full condition

Flaws:
  • Lume is inoperative; hands show some patina (typical for the age)
  • There is a small section of the minute hand where the lume has detached (see photo below)
  • There is a light mark on the dial near 2:00 - it's not normally noticeable but it's visible upon some angles (see photo below)
  • Scratch on the bezel near the 25' (see photo below)

Details on the watch:
This is a pretty clever little watch, and it packs a lot of functionality that's controlled solely by the crown, and also includes a bidirectional bezel with 60 clicks. It's quartz (obviously), and the minute hand moves half a minute every 30 seconds. The minute repeater functionality is triggered by pressing in the crown on screens 1-4, and will chime like a clock. There's a video linked below. Here is a full list of the screens that you can cycle through by turning the crown - there are also pictures further down:
1. Running seconds, date
2. Day, date
3. Local time (24h)
4. Both screens off
5. Alarm
6. Chronograph
7. Second time zone (24h)
8. Countdown timer

Condition Photos:

Movement functionality:
24h local time:

Day/Date:

Both screens off:

Alarm:

Chronograph:

Second time zone (24h):

Countdown timer:

Minute repeater functionality video:
Flaw-specific photos:
Minute hand missing lume; dial mark near 2:00:

Bezel dent:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heard from a few tire kickers but still available. Shoot me an offer - again, more than happy to facilitate an in person deal in the Boston area too. Not desperate to sell but don’t want this one to sit in a drawer forever, either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts