WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With lockdown and boredom, I want a change to my collection. With the current climate, this has to make way before any potential incoming.

For sale or trade at £1050 GBP including UK RMSD delivery, is a Farer Eldridge Chronograph. It’s a limited edition of only 100 made. Lovely brown dial. Every time I look at it, it makes me crave for a Cadbury milk chocolate! An interesting dial colour configuration to freshen up the typical black/white/blue in the collection. I would prefer a deal based in the EU

Specs are below:

Diameter: 39mm
Height: 12.5mm
Lug to lug: 45mm
Lug width: 20mm
Movement: ETA 2894-2 Elabore modular
Water resistance: 10ATM/100m

A very wearable size at 39mm. The case design and finishing is amazing at the price point. If one of the big names did the same they would be asking 3-5 times the price. Condition is good, with a some faint hairlines around the bezel edge that I can see, and also some tiny marks to the inside of one of the lugs. I’m just being open on the condition, it’s not mint, but very good. There is no fading/oxidation of the bronze crown yet. The crown is stiffer then I am used to, but have been told by Farer that this is normal for the bronze crown. The timekeeping I haven’t recorded. I would have noticed if it was wildly losing/gaining. Anyway, it still has just under 3 years of the 5 year warranty remaining.

It comes as a full set with all box and papers and on the (at additional cost to when buying new, but included in my asking price as a package) Farer steel Oyster bracelet with all links. It also comes with a spare Farer dark blue Horween leather strap with Farer tang buckle. As for trades I’m open to pretty much anything except for vintage and anything over 42mm, unless it’s a Seiko MM200. Of particular interest would be one of the new seiko divers SPB14x 62mas re edition or a Lorier Gemini. Something from Timefactors is always welcome.

A good review from Hodinkee with some much better photos that truly capture how the watch looks compared to my photos.

Hands-On: The Farer Eldridge Chronograph Automatic - HODINKEE

Please note that the Watchgecko tropic strap is not included, but gives a good idea of how other straps will look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts