1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watches have been re-listed here:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?p=1956073#post1956073

Hello and good day to all of my friends here,

My name is Jason Medina and I am located in Castle Rock, Colorado. I have a few Seiko watches up for sale or trade today but first let me say that I have bought/sold on this forum as well as the Seiko Citizen forum and PMWF. I also have a 100% feedback rating buying/selling on the 'bay and can provide my screen name as well as references if needed. :)

I have a few watches that I'm not wearing so I thought I would ideally like try and trade them for something that I would. :) Ideally I'd like to trade my two for your one (I can add some cash too) but if there is no interest in trading them I am open to selling them outright. :)

1.) The first watch up for trade is a modified Seiko SKX009. I love this watch but I greatly disliked the original hand set on this watch so I had Duarte install the silver Seiko Samurai hand set and tip the seconds hand in orange to match the orange "Diver's 200m" on the dial. The original hand set will not be included (using it on another project). I also had Duarte install an AR coated sapphire crystal (from Yobokies) and pressure test the watch. I also had Duarte regulate the movement. The watch runs at +6 seconds per 24 hours. All functions on the watch work as they should. The bezel is very solid and clicks nicely. The crown has all threads intact and screws down very smoothly. The watch does show some signs of wear in that there are a few swirlies on the case in various locations. The lugs are in great shape and show minimal signs of strap changes. The only real area that shows any wear on the watch is the bezel insert. There are 3 areas on the bezel insert that need to be mentioned. There is a indent near the "12" lume pip, near "3 o'clock", and near the '40' minute marker. Please see the photos. I rate the watch at 88% only because of the few areas described on the bezel insert. Just in case a few stats on the watch... It has a 42mm case, has a Seiko 7S26 movement, and is rated at 200m water resistance. Everything is included as seen in the pictures PLUS I have a new Seiko 'Super Oyster' incoming for this watch. I ordered the 22mm Seiko curved end super oyster with the 3-hole adjustment clasp and will include it with this watch. The watch also has 2 Seiko Z-22's and a brand new in package 22mm black zulu. I will also throw in the "Seiko Protector". It fits over the bezel and guards against any damage to the watch. The box and manual are also included as well as the original hang tag. Enough talk lol... On to the pictures!

Seiko SKX009:

2.) The next watch up for trade is a Seiko SDWA89 Chronograph. This model is out of production and very hard to find! I received this watch off of the trade forums last year and sent it in to Mr. Ken Setser for some work. The original bezel lume dot had fallen out and I had Ken re-lume it and install a lume dot cover on it. I also had Mr. Setser replace all of the seals on the watch and replace the battery. I also had Mr. Setser lightly touch up the case (polish). Ken also pressure tested the watch. It's also 'turnkey' and ready to go! I bought the watch as a watch only and have added a Seiko box and an original Seiko 7T32 manual to it. The only thing to note is I don't have any extra links for the original bracelet. The bracelet fits my 7" wrist with a little room to spare and has one adjustment hole left to go! I would rate the watch at 90% because the case still has a few marks on the case back from previous owners replacing the battery. There are a few light scratches here and there but nothing too deep (no gouges). There are a few scratches on the clasp of the bracelet. All functions work as they should on the watch. The bezel is my favorite part of this watch... It is made our of Tungsten steel and is simply gorgeous to look at and touch. The case width is 44mm and it is 12mm thick and uses the Seiko quartz 7T32 movement. The lug width is 22mm. One key thing to note is this watch has a Sapphlex crystal and is rated at 200m water resistance! Here is a link to the only place I can still find this watch still for sale (without bracelet) for a professional picture:

http://www.chronograph.com/store/mli_viewItem.asp?idproduct=1013

Here are some pictures of the Seiko chrono watch I have up for trade:

I could go into detail on how much I've spent on both watches but I'll just list a trade value and cash price for each. Email me if you'd like a breakdown of how much everything cost to purchase and how much the work on each watch cost. ;-)

The Seiko SKX009 has a trade value of: $250 USD
The Seiko Chrono has a trade value of: $250 USD
Total trade value = $500 USD

I'd sell the Seiko SKX009 for $225 plus shipping.
I'd sell the Seiko SDWA Chronograph for $225 plus shipping.

I am open to conusa and oconusa deals as long as the package is insured. :)

Now, finally on to what I'd like to trade for? I am looking to trade for anything really... Some examples are a Marathon SAR or TSAR , Bathy's quartz, Enzo Mechana, Ocean7 (anything lol), Casio Frogman, Anything Seiko (Tuna, Samurai, Perhaps a dress watch?), a Citizen E210 chrono, Perhaps even an Ecozilla with Walt's springbar adapters (+cash)? The list could go on forever lol. If you are interested in what I have please email me and I will get back to you. Please include some pictures and a description of the watch you are offering. Thanks so much! It saves time in the long run lol...

Whew! That's everything that I can think of but if I've missed anything or if you have something you would like to trade please email me at foolintherayn 'at' aol 'dot' com and thanks so much! :)

I am looking to wait a bit to trade and see what is offered unless something comes along that I really would enjoy. Thank you for your understanding and can't wait to hear from you.

Jason

PS -- Here are some outdoor photos I took this morning:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still available. /NT

Hi there,

Both watches are still available. I've received a few great offers but I'm still waiting for the offer I can't refuse. ;-)

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts