WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a catch and release for me - Or maybe its a PARLAY!
FOR SALE - $1,200 + shipping and insurance

$300 off web site price! - Brand New With Warranty!

Trade Value - up to $1,600
OR Let's build a deal - trade this plus another of mine for something special, maybe even one of my dream watches! - see below for what I've got and what I'm looking for. Let's have some fun and freshen things up.

I can't help myself when it comes to blazing Lume Divers with unique finishes and this one came right after a promotion. After I got it though I realized I can't sustain four big chunky divers and my wife hasn't noticed that I bought this one yet, so....my impulse control issues are your gain!

For Sale right now at Ocean Crawler $1,599
Sometimes it says out of stock, sometimes not, depends where you click the photo. I"m not sure what their stock status is but THIS one just arrived from Ocean Crawler a day ago.

The whole watch body is matte DLC blue and its beautiful. Super unique, VERY evocative of the Omega Planet Ocean Big Blue.
Non marring scragtchproof finish doesn't even really register fingerprints. Almost a gunmetal blue.
Its lume is best in the business - the photo below as you can see wasn't even taken in full darkness and that is NOT a UV flashlight.
Completely Factory "Proof" - Flawless! - its only been resized and photographed - now fits your 7" wrists.
Comes on DLC Blue Shark Mesh bracelet with extra links - already sized down to industry average 7" (can add links back on before delivery if you like) also includes extra unworn Sailcloth navy strap with orange stitching.
SOPROD GMT movement is recognized as a step above ETA and two (in my opinion given the terrible luck I"ve had with Stellita movements) steps above the Stellita GMT. Winds like butter with a super bouncy well sprung screw down crown with distinct stops.
Hard clicking bezel snaps into place with no play.
Extremely fine fit and finish from New York Watchmaker Ocean Crawler using Swiss SOPROD GMT movement that is specially hardened and adjusted. Running within a minute on a 24 hour check.

The dial is captivating - the GMT track is an anodized orange gear that nestles the rest of the dial. The endless blue of the dial goes from the Platonic Ideal of "Blue" to a deep navy and almost glows in various light conditions. The applied indices are perfectly cut and reflect molten flashes of any ambient light - making the watch readable in any condition from any angle.

Not to mention 2000 foot pressure testing, Helium Release Valve, 4mm sapphire and sapphire, fully lumed bezel with great grip.

This is a true diver registering a 24 hour fourth hand, that also knocks your socks off as a daily wear. It's big but wears as a chunky svelte.

Besides looking amaze and wearing like a champ, its spec'd out to be a world-beating tool watch. And the hardened coating will help keep it beautiful. As you can see, you are getting it in a zero state - not a single scratch or swirl, not even on the clasp (double pusher deployment with safety clasp.)

If you want to make a deal, I am also the owner of:
  • Ball Heritage Skin-diver I - TV ~$1000
  • Seiko 'Red" Alpinist with the Green dial on original Bracelet (RARE - not untouchable, but this is a legendary watch) Trade value ~ $2k
  • Ball Fireman Night Train III - the best lume on earth, less than a year old. 42mm blue dial TV ~ $1200

My "grails" for trading:
Ball Skin-Diver II
Oris Diver's Heritage 65
Longines Legend Diver
Tudor Black Bay 58 (or blue, or maroon)
Tudor North Flag (name might be off, power reserve Tudor with a yellow accent on the dial)
Seiko Alpinist Perpetual
Seiko Alpinist Blue
IWC Le Petit Prince Chrono
Bell & Ross
Bremont
Lorier
????

SURPRISE ME - I'm really interested in trade options at this price point. And would have no problem trading down with cash consideration, or trading up and paying a bit. Or look at my other mid rangers below and see if you can't put something together. Can't wait to hear from you - you will not regret picking this beauty up. Oh yeah, there re only 50 of them made. This is #13 of 200 (for the whole Core Diver GMT run as I understand it - 50 in each variety).

Watches - 10.jpeg Watches - 4.jpeg Watches - 5.jpeg Watches - 11.jpeg Watches - 13.jpeg Watches - 2 (1).jpeg Watches - 8.jpeg

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Week later bump - boy did you miss out!
And boy did i dodge a bullet!

Its crazy how much this thing has grown on me. When you find this listing in two months Let me know if you are interested, but this one is a keeper. The blue body is just so unusual and its comfy as hell on the sailcloth. Mesmerizing dial is sapphire to cobalt. I was feeling buyers remorse and afraid my wife would catch me with it. Now i wear it almost flagrantly. Its part of the family now!

Really just... theres nothing like it - to me it is so reminiscent of the Omega Planet ocean big blue - this one is Just four figures instead of five. Huzzah!

Withdrawn unless someone really wants it. Move it along, nothing to see here, except a really gorgeous 2000ft diver. Ok just one last piece if eye candy for you for being such a good reader.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts