WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting out a sales and trade feeler to see who wants this somewhat rare Sinn 356 copper watch. I am saving for a grail so something must go. If you already know what this is, then step to the front.

The Sinn 356 Flieger II (Sinn 356 Flieger 2) is a really cool watch that many people know about but fewer have seen in person. It is based on Sinn's 356 chronograph that is powered by a Valjoux 7750.

Unlike the standard matte black dials, this one has an amazing copper electroplated guilloche dial. From a distance, it looks kinda like a vintage salmon dial. Up close, you can start to see the spider-web like etched pattern. You can really see it in bright light.

Don't worry, Sinn used black hands and numerals against this dial so it is still as readable as a Sinn. This includes a black day and date wheel. This specimen has a German date wheel. I had it shipped over.

The SUG-manufactured case is only 38mm wide and it is really the perfect size if you like vintage watches. This is not a vintage watch, but it has a classic feel. The 20mm lugs are beautifully thin and tapered. Plus, they are drilled. The case back is metal and not a display case.

The finishing can still be seen on the watch. It's a very muted brush... almost a satin.

The condition of the watch is used. There are marks on it. I have tried to show all points of the watch in the photos. It is not pristine, but it is an honest everyday wear sample. The most noticeable blemish is a shallow ding at 9:00. hell if I know where that came from. I don't remember doing that. Grrr... There is some minor scuffs.

The crystal seems to be a domed box sapphire with a slightly rounded profile on the edges. The edge distortion is not as pronounced on this crystal as on my other one. Yes, I have 2 of these. I bought this one, and then a bracelet version became available... haha. Not the wisest move, but I have been known to do these things.

Right now the strap is for sale on the replacement honey brown leather strap from Germany (first photos). I think it pairs well. I might be selling a practically new black Sinn strap for those interested (seen last photo). The bund strap seen in some photos in not included currently. If if makes a sale, I might consider adding but it's one of my favorite straps! haha

I do not have box or papers. It is running great and is honestly more accurate than my other one.

PRICE: $1750 OBRO. Paypal is fine. I'll pay for US shipping.

Though I would prefer a sale, I would be open to trades with established members with a long track record. It would have to be something pretty good to get my attention. I prefer Sinn, high-end Seiko divers, high-end Oris, Damasko Chrono, Junghans Pilot Chrono, Tudor and other interesting trades. Not really into heavily modded watches.

IMG_3286.jpg IMG_3285.jpg IMG_3280.jpg IMG_3281.jpg IMG_3289.jpg IMG_3282.jpg IMG_3275.jpg IMG_3274.jpg IMG_3277.jpg IMG_3283.jpg IMG_3292.jpg

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be a Sinn not to sell this watch. Who's interested?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MASSIVE PRICE DROP to $1550 for 24-hours ONLY.

I'm gonna cut to the chase here. I have an offer on eBay for this watch, which is decent. I will wait 24 hours before I accept it in case a WUS member wants it at a reduced price. Please let me know ASAP if you are interested or this watch will be gone on the bay.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will soon be gone on eBay as I have a standing offer... speak now of forever hold your peace....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts