WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, watch enthusiasts,

Up for your consideration is a watch that I have never seen offered on the pre-owned market. To me, it is one of the most beautiful watches that has ever come into my collection. The movement and case of this Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar in Blue are both stamped with the Geneva Seal, a testament to the meticulous, hand-made components of this timepiece. Also, at 11.6" thick, this watch wears excellently on both small and large wrists. The watch also strikes a beautiful balance between sportiness and elegance, and, given its case profile and "petrol blue" hue, proves a lot more versatile than the Overseas. The case is stainless steel, the watch comes in at 40mm in diameter (but wears a tad smaller thanks to the framing of the dial), the caseback is transparent, and the watch offers 3 bars of water resistance. The OEM strap is Mississippiensis alligator (dark blue), tapering from 20mm to 18mm (so lots of straps will work with this watch). The buckle is a deployment and is stainless steel.

The movement consists of 308 parts, 27 jewels, and beats at 4Hz (28,000 vph) for 40 hours. The dial complications include hours, minutes, center sweep seconds, day of week, month of the year, stop-seconds hacking, a pointer date, and a extraordinarily engineered moonphase.
I bought this watch in April of 2020 and need to free up some funds. I will regret selling this--a grail piece belonging to the "big three"--but it must be done. My asking price for this piece is a firm $15,920 firm. It is in like-new condition. There are no marks on the dial, case, and the OEM Vacheron Constantin strap has never been used. The strap affixed to the watch in the pictures is not included in the sale. Please forgive any dust or detritus in these pics, and forgive the blurriness of the pics, too. I'd be happy to supply anyone with further pictures. The first picture was taken by a professional (obviously); I used it merely to give an adequate representation of a watch that's so chameleonic, that it's hard to photograph "statically."

I am open to trades down for contemporary Rolex pieces and some JLC pieces. If a trade is initiated, it must be a trade down for me, as freeing up some funds is the central reason I'm entertaining selling this. I would much rather sell for the above price. I also strongly prefer to sell within CONUS. If I do so, I will ship the watch and insure it at my expense. For international sales, the buyer is responsible for all shipping costs, as well as any import fees.

For a watch this valuable, a bank transfer or equivalent mode of payment is necessary. PayPal is also considered under certain circumstances. If you have any questions, you can write me here or at v e r c i m b e r AT h o t m a i l DOT com. I've dealt on these boards for many years and have had only positive feedback. I feel it a privilege to be part of this community.

For complete elucidation, here is what you'll receive with this set (i.e., everything one would get at an AD):

• Outer Vacheron Constantin Cardboard Shipping Box
  • Outer Watch Box
  • Inner Sleeve for Interior Box
  • Inner Box (so the watch is quadruple boxed!)
  • A Geneva Hallmark Certificate
  • Booklet about the watch
  • Registration information
  • "The Hour Club" invitation
  • Warranty (Dated April of 2020)
  • Vacheron Constantin tag
  • A sales receipt from Shreve & Low (the AD from which I purchased the watch)
  • The watch itself (of course)
  • The unused, unworn, brand new Vacheron Constantin dark blue strap with maltese motif buckle

PICTURES:

Vacheron-Constantin-FiftySix-Complete-Calendar-2.jpg Dial 1.jpg Dial Oblique.jpg IMG_5238.jpg Noncrownside.jpg Crownside.jpg All of it.jpg Outerbox.jpg First Saved Box.jpg Warranty card.jpg Seal of Geneve Documentation.jpg The Hour Club Documentation.jpg OEM Strap + Buckle.jpg

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New pics of (I hope) better quality. :) IMG_5533.jpg IMG_5534.jpg IMG_5535.jpg IMG_5536.jpg IMG_5537.jpg IMG_5538.jpg IMG_5539.jpg IMG_5540.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts