WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For trade. This vintage Louis Rossel diver was an impulse buy at a local shop. Value around $350

Watch runs, winds and keeps time. Bezel is bi-directional but stays where you set it. Bezel is done the same way as the original Blancpain fifty fathoms, where luminous material is applied, then many coats of (i think) acrylic over it. Allows alot of depth to the bezel. Red second hand.

Domed acrylic crystal, screw down caseback, ALL STAINLESS STEEL (not base metal like many vintage divers). Grey dial with tall markers. Tritium lume still glows, but is old and doesnt last ofcourse.

Case is very unique, super tall with hidden 18mm lugs. Watch will come on SS bracelet marked "VIALUX" not on the rally bracelet, that has been given away already. (to a fellow DWC member). The bracelet on it is in great shape, no stretch, and is extremely comfortable. Front of the case is a blasted finish, sides and back are polished, very few minor scratches for a watch of this age.

13-14mm tall, 39m from end to end, 37mm wide not including crown. Measurements not exact, taken with ruler since i broke my calipers!

Dial says: LOUIS ROSSEL, NEUCHATEL, AUTOMATIC, T SWISS MADE T

Caseback says: 20ATM Tested, All Stainless Steel, Shock Resistant Antimagnetic, 1627-AP

Caseback sits flush to the back of the case, so a perfectly flat piece of metal sits on your wrist, the edges are beveled to allow more comfort, this is a very comfy watch to wear.

This rally style bracelet is not included, already given away.

This is a great and fun watch, but i just dont find myself wearing it often enough to keep. Trade value around $350, id love to do a partial trade for any of the following:

Seiko BFK (yellow preferred) on bracelet
Seiko Sawtooth (blue or yellow) on bracelet
Seiko Ceasar (non chrono, yellow) on bracelet
Seiko Sumo (id add cash)
Citizen 2100 chronograph (silver dial, black subdials)
Benarus diver

Id also entertain all trades, id love to have a beefy yellow dialed diver, even a microbrand would be ok. plus/minus cash either way.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im open to anything. shoot me a line!

also interested ina older Tag 2000 type quartz diver on bracelet, or Victornox dive master 500 quartz.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
still looking, will take a nice dress watch, SUUNTO, zeno diver, or anything that strikes my fancy.

even a nice rado diastar ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts