WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been active in the forums since I discovered WUS back in 2014 but I'm recently back and enjoying it. I found an old picture from one of my posts that I got a kick out of given the changes in the market for Rolex. Check out the display case full of Rolex. Wrist shot is of the OP; looked pretty great but I went with an Exp I back then. Can you pick out the models? I'm pretty sure we have an Exp II in Black and Polar front and center.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
In 2012 I remember you could get any steel Rolex except the Sub over the counter in Hong Kong. Two years later and it was only the DJ, SD, etc. , and now there are no steel watches period. Pretty short amount of time in the grand scheme of things. Funny enough back then some Panerai models were much harder to get.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
In recent memory, 2013-2016 seemed to be the absolute best time for Rolex shoppers. I felt like I had a harder time finding popular models like a Submariner (not hard, just harder) around the 2005-2007 period when I first started looking at Rolex watches seriously.

I was offered a SS Daytona in 2014, would see Hulks in the display case, GMTs not moving for months, etc...

Reactions: txchrisp

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,502 Posts
Ha! That's funny.

After a few minutes of digging I found my first Rolex wrist shot, taken at an AD in Dallas, also back in 2014. This is a Mk1, isn't it? Can't see the display case very well, but the few spots that are visible are occupied.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha! That's funny.

After a few minutes of digging I found my first Rolex wrist shot, taken at an AD in Dallas, also back in 2014. This is a Mk1, isn't it? Can't see the display case very well, but the few spots that are visible are occupied.

View attachment 15824642
Hilarious! I have another wrist shot taken the same time as my original post with an MK I Explorer I. This was at Bachendorf's at The Galleria in Dallas.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't been active in the forums since I discovered WUS back in 2014 but I'm recently back and enjoying it. I found an old picture from one of my posts that I got a kick out of given the changes in the market for Rolex. Check out the display case full of Rolex. Wrist shot is of the OP; looked pretty great but I went with an Exp I back then. Can you pick out the models? I'm pretty sure we have an Exp II in Black and Polar front and center.

View attachment 15824529
Reminds me of Cher- " If I could turn back time...If I could find a way.....

Aah!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,502 Posts
Hilarious! I have another wrist shot taken the same time as my original post with an MK I Explorer I. This was at Bachendorf's at The Galleria in Dallas.
Just remembered the Galleria -- most of the times I've been to Dallas, we'd spend a free day at The Galleria. 2014, though, we were down the road from Northpark. My guess is that the ExpI in my pic was at Eiseman's (checking their website now).

Same mall, at the Tourbillon boutique (all Swatch Group stuff), they had this aventurine Speedy. Fantastic dial:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Two weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sir-Guy

·
Registered
894 Posts
In July 2016 i walked into the Rolex AD which i had a good relationship with and found all sport models on display (except ceramic bezel Daytona which wasn't released yet). and i walked out with a Batman at retail, no waiting list no BS
that was less than 5 years ago
however in the same time, i walked into another Rolex AD at a different region that also carried Patek Philippe. the showroom was divided in half, half for PP and the other half for everything else (Rolex, H Moser, Tudor etc). Despite the fact that PP section took half the showroom there was only one watch on display (only one piece), a golden ellipse.
i also remember the AD telling me prior to 2015 that some PP pieces i have to wait for.
so IMHO, the Patek Philippe supply limitation has always been there. the Rolex supply limitation and AD games is more recent and artificial

Reactions: Sir-Guy

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Showcases are packed in the small Rolex boutique in Dubai Mall.... as you can see in the background. September 2020

Just not with any popular model. (And before you ask, a friend picked this one up for his wife and I gave it a try to see how 36mm looks on my wrist)....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts