WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently in Shanghai, had some time yesterday evening to go through the Blancpain, Breguet and GO stores. Wow, what a selection, beautifully displayed. Wow, what insane prices (not that I was looking to buy). The Breguet store had an actual old style, manually operated guilloché machine on display. Very cool--unfortunately I didn't think to take any pictures, sorry about that. Definitely worth a visit if you are there. Didn't have time to go the Omega boutique, which was right across the street. Off to Hong Kong on Tuesday but probably won't have time to look around there. Again, not that I'm buying...

·
Registered
29,121 Posts
If you get a chance to take any pix post them please.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The eye candy in China is out of this world. But buying would be tantamount to madness… Enjoy your trip!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get a chance to take any pix post them please.
Unfortunately, I didn't think to use my phone to take a few snapshots, sorry. Did have a couple of minutes in the Omega boutique last night, very nice, but no Moonwatch or FOIS. They had some other Speedies, and lots of DeVilles. They did have a Dark Side of the Moon, and I have to say, I was underwhelmed. Maybe it was the way it was displayed, in its box inside a small glass cube by itself as opposed to under brighter lights in the regular cases. But it didn't do anything for me. Good thing, give the price (either here or back in the US).

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, not a watch picture but pretty cool. It's in the Shanghai City Museum--a 1:500 scale diorama of the city. In the Guiness Book of Records as the largest in the world, took ten years to make. Quite amazing. I'm here at least once a year, next time I'll get some watch pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts