WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say funny from the title, but strange rather than humourous.

I was driving to train station and wondered how much time it would saved compared to walking. For my reckoning 10 mins in bed is worth 1 hour awake. In fact I would count sleeping as one of my top 5 hobbies.

I pressed the start button on the watch, a Sapphire sandwich type, and drove. At the end I press the button but nothing happened. The button was stuck in the pressed position and would not return to unpressed. I managed to release the button manually, and stopped the chronograph.

The strange thing is for me is that the watch is only 6 months old. It was special order, so it wasn't sitting in a dealer's display for a long time. I am not worried because it is under warranty. The dealer thought it was the gasket.

I am a bit concerned generally, as 6 months seems a short time for a watch to fail. I thought I would share my experience, and perhaps get views on how common Omegas fail.

To make things clear, I am not unhappy about these events so this is not an Omega bashing post. Although I would bash them for other reasons, but that's another post and another day.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Firstly,get your watch fixed while its still under warranty. Secondly,if walking to the station would only mean getting up 10 mins earlier,then its got to be better than driving there. A short drive like that isnt doing your car any good,the environment any good,or your pocket any good. Parking at the station must cost you a small fortune,lol and think of the health benefit in a brisk walk. But to be honest,like you,i would rather have 10 more minutes asleep,lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts