WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share a story about my Orange Monster while vacationing in the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. While strolling on the beach in front of our resort I was approached by the company representative that books snorkel - dive and fishing trips for the resort we were staying at. He and I had been haggling over prices for a snorkel and fishing excursion for my son and I…he wanted $275.00 for a 1/2 day of snorkeling and a 1/2 day of fishing, I was offering $225.00

Well he offered me the full day in exchange for my Orange Monster, that’s correct, the one I got of the bay for under $150.00 shipped. He said he had been admiring it and wanted to make the trade…I said YOU GOT A DEAL! My son and I had a fantastic day of snorkel and fishing and I got another OM when I got home.

We are going back this March and I would love to make a trade like that again. Bartering is alive and well in ole Mexico.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Great story!

·
6,880 Posts
Good deal!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Great story...

At which resort did you stay? My wife and I are headed down near Playa del Carmen, staying at one of the Riu resorts. I'd like to do some snorkeling, etc. while there. I am not trading my Planet Ocean for anything though! :)

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Great story...

At which resort did you stay? My wife and I are headed down near Playa del Carmen, staying at one of the Riu resorts. I'd like to do some snorkeling, etc. while there. I am not trading my Planet Ocean for anything though! :)
For the Planet Ocean you would probably get his boat and his wife in the deal.

Andy

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Great story...

We stayed at the RIU Playacar last year and are styaing at the Iberostar Parisio Del Mar this year, all the snorkel trips are great. My favorite was about 45 min. from Playa dal Carmen at a Mexican Nation Park. Cant remember the name though.

IMHO the swim up bar is the greatest invention of the 21st century!:-!

Thats me on the Hoby Cat!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Fantastic story....:thanks for sharing!!!! |> |> |> I love the barter system. Sounds like everyone got a great deal on this one!!!! :-d |>

Stephen

·
Registered
743 Posts
We stayed at the RIU Playacar last year and are styaing at the Iberostar Parisio Del Mar this year, all the snorkel trips are great. My favorite was about 45 min. from Playa dal Carmen at a Mexican Nation Park. Cant remember the name though.

IMHO the swim up bar is the greatest invention of the 21st century!:-!

Thats me on the Hoby Cat!
Was the name of that park by chance Xel-Ha? There is also one called Xcaret. My wife and I stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo Resort back in 2004. Xel Ha was about forty minutes south of that resort. It was also very close to the Mayan Ruins. If the Parisio Del Mar is anything like the Parasio Lindo you should have a very enjoyable stay. In fact I think the Del Mar and Lindo are linked together by a jogging trail. The Iberostar six star resorts are usually top notch.:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts