Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh! Sorry then. I searched in the forum and didn;t really find anything. My apologies for the late news.

However, I wholeheartedly agree with you guys on teh price issue. No good!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
$395 or $95, I still wouldn't get it <| I like LE's, but I usually don't like to purchase anything I wouldn't wear. My only exception to that will be the DW-5600-MS. The reasoning behind that is its part of a four piece series and I want a full set. Waste of money... o|

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
I still don't like this collab model. Also that price tag is meticulous. I remember a great Mastermind twin G set that I found expensive for $400.-. There you even got 2 Gs...

I know Medicon is very popular in several collectors communities, but I don't think they will pay so much for this model (though the prices they pay for a few inch bear is sometimes very high too).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
:-d

Oh, wait, they're serious about the 400$ price tag? Let me laugh harder

:-d:-d:-d:-d

Couldn't agree more! That price is eye-wateringly high in fact.
Good luck to them - they'll need it to shift just ONE at that price.
:roll:

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Well first the positives:

I really like the nice checker pattern box, it looks quite nice!

I also like that little lego bear!

I also quite like the watch head itself, it is a nice stealth face and the yellow red mix is unusual and they mix well together.

But here is the negatives:

The strap is just wrong, any pattern on a strap should follow the symmetry of the strap meaning they should be vertical in some fashion. I think it would have looked nicer if it where downwards pointing arrow symbols instead of those straight lines. Also the print seem a little weak and the colors are not as vivid as they should be, look rather cheap.

I think the ideal design for a collab model such as this one would have been if both the watch head where given a black shiny coating just like the Crazy color series and the strap where given a shiny checker pattern coating in vivid colors just like the box. that could have been areally nice LE watch that would be very popular in street fashion crowds and also the sneaker crowd.

And please $400 thats just a big joke, max $200 for a DW-6900 LE. Only if we are dealing with some super rare vintage edition then maybe, maybe $400 would be justified. But I can almost get a Gold Defender Froggie for that kind of money...

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
As Joakim says, the strap is just wrong. It looks as though a teenager has had a creative moment with some sticky-back plastic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm a big fan of Futura 2000 and his grafitti and street art... but not so much of the FL clothing brand that is in fact own by a Japanese company. This collabro G is just shockingly not like the work of Futura 2000. It looks like the FL brand created this design out of a computer and is simply borrowing Futura 2000's signatory to be printed on the dial. Not worth my money... If I'd spend on a collabro, I'd rather go for Stussy's DW-5000.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts