WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

It's my first post in this forum although I have been reading (mostly omega) for a while.

I should be grateful for posters opinions as to which current Rolex will become the most collectable. If this question has already been posted recently - please post a link.

My home was burgled a while back and the insurers have offered me a £20,000 (underinsured!) voucher.

(I already own a 2007 Daytona and 2005 Yachtsman)

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
I have no idea really but I'll chip in with the 36mm Explorer because it's just been discontinued (and because I love it).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm thinking a 14060m no date sub with non-cosc dial will be a collectible. Its classic in my books.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I think the older 16610, 14060(m) will be classics.

I hope you're not thinking these watches will be worth something though. If you are, you're going to have to wait 20 - 30 years to find out. I mean, the 5512 and 5513 were introduced in the late 50's and 60's and they're readily available for $5K - $10Kish if they're in good condition.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
I think that the first year of the Kermit Sub will be a classic.

Mike.

·
Banned
3,758 Posts
If I had to guess it will not be what is in style now. If you had the production numbers of the various models I would say the ones that were produced in relatively small numbers. Supply and demand and such dictating price. Double Red Seadwellers were not popular in their day.

·
4,410 Posts
While having Rolex no longer make a particular reference is a good place to start...

it's never a guaranty regarding future collectibility or value. However, the safe money would be on the sport models that fall into that category.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
The ones that don't sell well. The rarer they are the more valuable they are. If I had to choose I'd guess the Milguass.

If you want to maximize your money a good growth mutual fund is a much safer bet. In 20 years its worth will most likely dwarf what most new watches purchased today will be worth

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the replies. I decided on the watches I am most likely to wear so I ordered a black sub (4 weeks), green sub (3-4 months) and will go back next and place an order for a white daytonna. Will post a picture once I have all three.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts